Green Coffee Bean Extract

Options
Anyone heard of this?

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/green-coffee-bean-extract-fat-burner-or-fraud-pt-1

Does this really work? My mother says she's lost 7 lbs in 4 months, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had experience or knowledge of it.

Thanks!

Replies

• sda2012
    sda2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No, but I have wondered the same, read about it after a report on Dr. Oz. would love to hear more.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    there are 50 pages of search results on MFP already for this subject.

- click "search" just above this thread
    - type in "green coffee bean extract"
    - read any or all of the search results

it's a topic that has been posted many, many times.
  • Cat_Lifts
    Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    A good diet and weekly exercise works. Green coffee bean extract is just another fad going around. No offense, Dr. Oz's information should be taken with a grain of salt, too.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Diet scam. And Dr. Oz is a quack, pimping products he's paid to endorse.
  • sherrymccall
    sherrymccall Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Anyone heard of this?

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/green-coffee-bean-extract-fat-burner-or-fraud-pt-1

Does this really work? My mother says she's lost 7 lbs in 4 months, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had experience or knowledge of it.

Thanks!

Really? Just use the search button. There were like three topics posted on this yesterday. It does not work. What you're mother has experienced is a placebo affect. She thinks it's working because Dr. Oz told her it would. In reality, she's just eating less or moving more. Nothing else to it. And anything Dr. Oz promotes is pure crap. He just wants to promote anything that will put money in his pocket. Ever notice how he always has the next big thing in weight loss but you've never heard about it from anyone else? And every single show has something to do with some kind of pill you can take to lose weight. How can there be so many that work? Dr. Oz is a fraud.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Save your money.

Obtain nutrition information from a more reputable source.
  • JaniceH65
    JaniceH65 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Sorry I didn't do my "research" before asking! LOL I figured that this forum was the first place I could start.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Anything claiming to be a miracle drug is not.
    A lot of snake oil is sold to people that think they can get something for nothing.
    Eating right and moving one butt a bit costs a lot less. But it actually requires one to make an effort to change one's patterns. Change is what so many try to avoid. Marketing agencies make $billions pitching products to people who would rather spend money than make changes to their lives.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Sorry I didn't do my "research" before asking! LOL I figured that this forum was the first place I could start.

HAHA...Newbie mistake. ;) You will learn very quickly that there are some "emotional" topics on this forum. To be nice, Dr. Oz is seem as Satan in the flesh around here.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Anyone heard of this?

Thanks!

I actually watched the Dr Oz show and he had ladies on there who tried it and did lose weight!
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    A good diet and weekly exercise works. Green coffee bean extract is just another fad going around. No offense, Dr. Oz's information should be taken with a grain of salt, too.

I agree. He doles out so much information that basically it's overload. Today it's this, tomorrow it's something else.
  • wmstormvet
    wmstormvet Posts: 145
    Options
    Thanks!

I think some of the replies were a little rude! I believe this is what the forums are for. So what if 3 other people asked about it yesterday. Could you have done a search? Sure but obviously you didn't think of that first. Relax people, give the lady a break! For those being helpful, thanks, that is what this is all about!
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    Thanks!

reminding you to search for previous threads is a valid response. all of those threads exist and are full of exactly the sort of feedback you asked for.
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    Thanks!

I think some of the replies were a little rude! I believe this is what the forums are for. So what if 3 other people asked about it yesterday. Could you have done a search? Sure but obviously you didn't think of that first. Relax people, give the lady a break! For those being helpful, thanks, that is what this is all about!

so you're saying that somebody should spend an hour or two summarizing all of those previous threads and then post the results here, for the OP, so that she doesn't have to do any work whatsoever to get the answer to her question?

when you need to research something in a library, do you go to the librarian and expect her to give you all of your answers for you? or do you expect the librarian to point you to the bookshelf full of books where the answers can be found? why is an internet forum with thousands and thousands of threads any different than that?
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    If coffee made you think I'd be super scrawny by now. Alas.... they will make you pee a lot though, and if you're prone to water retention I suppose that could be helpful.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If there were a pill that made you lose weight, there'd not be a fat person left in America. There are lots of us fat people in America. The pill does not work. Save your money, your motivation, and invest in an calorie deficit lifestyle.
  • cndb
    cndb Posts: 5
    Options
    I am currently taking the green coffee bean and it has been working for me. I have lost 9 lbs in just over 2 weeks.
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    I am currently taking the green coffee bean and it has been working for me. I have lost 9 lbs in just over 2 weeks.

it's the placebo effect and you're losing water. you can't lose 9lbs in 2 weeks unless you have a calorie deficit of 2250 calories per day. it's against the laws of physics and physics applies to everybody the exact same way.
  • texasgrower
    Options
    I am currently taking it. I don't know if it is really helping me lose weight, but I have lost 13 lbs. since Jan. 28th. I have more energy and I do not get hungry between meals. Since it is keeping me from getting hungry between meals, it is worth every penny.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Anyone heard of this?

Thanks!

I've lost 14 lbs in about 2.5 months. No magic extracts or ketones, just "eat less, move more".