Forget your lunch??...

Options
What do you do?

today, after a killer leg workout, I realized that i'd forgotten my lunch :/ - talk about a buzz kill!, thankfully, my local gas station sells canned tuna, fruit & [special k] protein bars... SCORE!, plus we keep an extra jug @ my hubs' work (for him thru the day) - so while my sodium will probably be off the charts, i'll still get me some protein in!! :D

What do you do when you forget your lunch? How many of you say "screw it" and let it be a cheat day & how many of you try to make the best of it???

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I always have granola bars and good snacks in my desk so if I forgot lunch I'd just snack on those with some tea. There's nothing within 10 miles of my work to cheat on and I don't really get a lunch so that isn't an option which works out quite nicely.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Timely topic. I actually forgot my lunch today. I don't usually pack one but I made an effort to make a nice dinner last night and use the leftovers for today.

Sadly, I will have to eat them tomorrow evening for dinner since I am going out tonight. I am planning on chicken soup for lunch today.
  • rstinne1
    rstinne1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I actually forgot my lunch today and still debating what to do. Thankfully on days like this when I've tempted to eat junk my house is closer to work than a fast food joint and it's free. lol
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great testimony to the fact that you can find something decent to eat almost anywhere! Just because you forgot your healthy lunch doesn't mean you have to go down the road to Chili's and have the 1200 calorie burger! More and more gas stations are carrying salads and greek yogurt and things like that that you can grab (and it's quicker than going out to lunch)! Or you can get Chili and a side salad from Wendy's or whatever! It's all about thinking ahead on what you would do in that situation! Stocking your desk or work fridge with some healthy snacks is also a great idea!
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I forget my lunch like 2 days a week :)

I always pick up a salad. Lunch is a meal I never feel the need to go nuts on (dinner on a Sat night is a different story), so my automatic choice is a salad. I find if I don't give myself the option I eat healthier :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I actually forgot my lunch today and still debating what to do. Thankfully on days like this when I've tempted to eat junk my house is closer to work than a fast food joint and it's free. lol

LUCKY! I am not working right now, but when I was I worked an hour from home, there was no going back at that point!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Deal with it and fast until dinner, or run next door for a salad (there's a cafe in the adjoining building).
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I raid my co-workers candy jars or look for the bagels/donuts someone may have brought in. Sometimes I forget my lunch on purpose if I catch wind of a special celebration that day. :)
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    When the stash has run out....
    I usually turn to - jimmy johns # 4 turkey no bread ( on lettuce) with no mayo or cheese
    Or..
    Grocery store for fruit and a protein drink.
    Or...
    MooYah turkey I e burger ( 200cals) with extra veggies on it.

Then I make sure to replenish my stash!
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have a mini fridge in my office and I keep fruit, veggies, and cheese sticks in there all the time. I usually have yogurt, cottage cheese, or hummus in there as well. I also keep the individual packs of peanut butter and some crackers in my desk. I have had the single serve cans of soup but got bored with thoese, there isn't much variety. I occasionally buy the single serve cups of oatmeal and keep in there as well. I also try to keep the 100 calorie packs of nuts for a quick snack.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I have instant oatmeal at work.. not the best.. but it works. Also.. I can walk home for lunch. LOL Plus.. I'm usually not starving at lunch time, cause I eat a lot of snacks at my desk, so if push comes to shove i'd probalby be alright just skipping it.
  • dbratton87
    dbratton87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Usually get a wrap or a fruit smoothie with whey protein. Sometimes, when I will be out for the whole day at school or running errands I hit up tropical smoothie for a combo (smoothie, wrap, and banana) and split that food up and that's my whole day's worth right there (minus the breakfast I already ate). The wrap is not as good as what I would have brought from home health wise, but it's not McDonald's either, lol. And the banana and fruit smoothie with protein are very healthy (I get no added sugar or sweetener.)
  • christywolfe
    Options
    I usually just go to the grocery store that is 2 minutes away. At the same time, we have a McDonald's, Burger King, Church's, Popeye's, Smokehouse, Chick Fil-A, Corn Dog 7, Panda and a La Fiesta Brava all within the same distance...
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast, just never have. I tend to only eat lunch maybe 2 times a week. I'm just too busy so I usually end up eating a few snacks during the day and a good dinner. Works for me.

I think if you eat lunch and you arent hungry, you forget to eat lunch you shouldn't force yourself to eat. I believe you should eat when you're hungry, if you're not, you shouldn't force feed yourself constantly trying to fit in all your calories.
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I forgot my lunch today, well actually when i went to pack it i realized that my bf had eaten the leftovers i was planning on taking with me. So its off to the pita pit for lunch. Less the 400 cals for a small grilled chicken pita, so its not bad at all.
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I literally leave my lunch tote, packed and ready to go, on my kitchen counter at home. I'm a teacher so there's always "lunch" here but I'm not a big fan of eating school lunches. I keep pistachios, granola/protein bars, a couple cans of soup, those starkist tuna-to-go packs, and 100 calorie packs of pringles in my desk for days that I forget lunch. :)
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I live close to work so I can run home and grab my forgotten lunch OR I get something from the nearby health food store that has a cafe'. They serve daily lunches, though I usually go for the soup and sandwich combo.

ETA: by 'run', I mean 'drive'.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my desk stocked with a few cans of soups, some clif bars, beef jerky/pretzels/trail mix so if I forget it's not a big deal. But I do travel a lot with my job so fast food is always a temptation when I'm on the road around lunch time.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Steak tacos from a local taquiera - corn tortillas, steak, onions and cilantro. Oh yum!
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Luckily my office is next to a Publix Greenwise. If I forget my lunch I make a salad at the salad bar.