1-Ingredient Ice Cream!

Options

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. I just put 2 peeled bananas in the freezer this morning. May have to try this after the kiddo gets done with gymnastics tonight :tongue:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. I just put 2 peeled bananas in the freezer this morning. May have to try this after the kiddo gets done with gymnastics tonight :tongue:

I get to have mine again in 1.5 hours and counting :laugh:.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Omg, this sounds amazing. I'm about to go check if I have some bananas in my kitchen. *Crosses fingers* Oh please, oh please, oh please.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I made this tonight and it was awesome! My husband says it will be the only way he eats a banana from now on.
  • deblynn50
    deblynn50 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am so excited about making it because I really like bananas.
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Mine didn't turn out like ice cream. I made mine in a blender. I had to put a little water in it which made it like... melted ice cream. I then put fat free cool whip and a drizzle of chocolate and it was really good. Will try again.
  • cindyangotti
    Options
    Mine didn't turn out like ice cream. I made mine in a blender. I had to put a little water in it which made it like... melted ice cream. I then put fat free cool whip and a drizzle of chocolate and it was really good. Will try again.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My mom used to freeze bananas as a healthy frozen treat for us, and they are delicious. I can see how mashed up they would be devine! What a great idea, thank you for sharing!
  • ChristianGal
    ChristianGal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I tried this with some overly frozen bananas that I had frozen for banana bread. The consistency is just like Ice cream but my bananas we too ripe so it tasted bad. I will do it again with bananas with a few spots, not almost black!!!
  • ChristianGal
    ChristianGal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a Vita Mix wich is a very powerful blender. I kept it on low and kept stopping it to stir. It looks at first like you might need to add liquid but DON'T! Just be patient and it will eventually blend up into a creamy ice cream!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options

Next time, try the pulse setting and don't add water or add just a splash.
  • cindyangotti
    Options

Next time, try the pulse setting and don't add water or add just a splash.

Thanks! I'll try that today. :)
  • richiewoowoo
    Options
    This sounds great! I will try it :)
  • porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You don't need to add ANY other ingredients. Just buzz the banana in a food processor and that's all you need.
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    i dont splash water or anything.. & mine works perfect!- not watery at all =]

i do cut the banana in pieces tho (which freeeezes my hand! but sooo worth it.)
  • JAPS
    JAPS Posts: 17
    Options
    Yum! Thanks!
    Kinda tired of making banana bread with bananas that no one wants.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    interesting. This would be good - if bananas were not THE most disgusting food on the planet!! :)
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    My boss came in today raving about this. She made it for her family and both little girls (including one who is staunchly anti-fruit) ate a big old plate of it. Pretty amazing!

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/stay-cool/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-with-just-one-ingredient-093414

Guess I'm going to have to try this, I love bananas... Thanks for this:smile:

When I was younger, I use to work at a place where we froze whole bananas and then dipped them in chocolate and then wrapped and sold them. We called them monkey tails and we sold tons of them. Everyone loved them...
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    Anyone try it yet? I'm curious to know? Do you think a blender would have enough power??

Anybody want to test it out for me?

I'm in Korea and only have a blender....I think I'd have to search high and low for a food processor here...but im intrigued as all say! That sounds real good!

Great post!

I'd try the blender for you, but all I have is the magic bullet.