To my coffee creamer loving people?

Options

Replies

• elaineirene84
    elaineirene84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I first cut out flavored creamers and starting using two tablespoons of sugar in the raw with half and half. I now just use 2 tablespoons of half and half and have no sugar whatsoever in my coffee. I have adjusted and don't really miss all the sugar I used to ingest daily. I feel like I can taste the boldness of the coffee instead of masking it with tons of sugar and artificial flavoring.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have never liked black coffee and will not be giving up my coffee creamer. I did switch from international delight different varities to coffee mate hazelnut fat free coffee creamer. About 3 yrs ago I lost 35 lbs and that was the only coffee creamer I used.
  • shanoramadingdong
    shanoramadingdong Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Milk in coffee or tea is a much more European. At restaurants in the US it's customarily cream or flavored creamers that's offered with coffee. Coffee shops will typically have both milk or cream available in those stations where you cream and sugar your coffee yourself.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I did notice that before I started measuring I put a lot more creamer in my coffee. Now I measure out my two teaspoons per cup and it is just fine.

For those who notice the darker color--try putting your creamer in first, then add the coffee. Lightens it right up. :drinker:
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I actually found that when I measured it out, I was probably using MORE creamer than I had been previously estimating so I cut down to 1 Tbsp of lowfat Half & Half per cup of coffee and that's been working great for me. :smile:
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    As much as in pains me, but if i wish to continue drinking coffee i can't skimp on my creamer. so i'll either need to cut something else somewhere else, or just give up coffee all together.

My co-workers all agree if i give up coffee all together, it will become a hostile work environment. I really don't want to go there just yet.

I have cut down my Pop consumption quite a bit, and replaced it with Tea. So far so good...
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have one cup a day and I don't measure the creamer or log (gasp!) it. if I drank it all day, I would be more careful with it though.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I realized I was drinking a hot milkshake every morning for breakfast.....now I drink my coffee black.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free creamer and then dose it with a little fat free half and half if it's still too dark. I don't like dark coffee.
  • Rohbean
    Rohbean Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Coffee is nasty and I can't drink it without a generous amount of creamer and sugar (or Splenda). Wish I could acquire a taste for it, but yuck.
  • livingfortheone
    livingfortheone Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I use the fat free version of Carnation creamer (powder).... two teaspoons is what I've been using. Plus I have a weakness for dark roast coffee... creamer tends to nullify that richness.
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I switched to almond milk and tea after realizing how much creamer I was putting in my coffee!
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I wish I could go black.
    Have gotten used to darker, but still miss that 3rd tbsp.
  • BrightStar85
    BrightStar85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes absolutely. When I started measuring everything I realized how much I ate and drank of everything. HUGE wake up call.
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I was unwittingly drinking 175 calories of Almond Joy flavored creamer in each cup of coffee and drinking 2-3 cups each day. I thought I was doing well since I didn't add any additional sugar. When I started MFP and started measuring everything I was devastated!!
    Now I buy fat free french vanilla (Winn Dixie brand) and use two tablespoons per cup, and drink between 1-2 cups per day. It is only 15 calories per TBSP, instead of the 35 per I was using.
    It took a couple of days to get used to, but I enjoy my 2 TBSP and 30 calories worth, especially knowing that means I can EAT so much more :)
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love sweet coffee so like you, it was quite a shock to me when I measured out the creamer and looked down at my cup and saw it still pretty dark! Coffee is not a habit for me and doesn't really "wake" me up like it does others, but when I do have it, I'll allot the calories so that I can keep having it as sweet as I want it.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I could NEVER drink coffee black...I'd rather give it up totally or go with lattes. I do put in about 100-200 cal worth of creamer in my coffee throughout the day, but allow it for my calories and workout a wee bit longer so I can have it. :bigsmile:
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I can't give up my peppermint mocha creamer. Have it every morning. I don't measure either, so I'm likely getting more than the 2 tablespoons. But, if I am going to have a second cup of coffee, I have it black, and sweeten it with liquid chocolate stevia. It's tolerable.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I used to drink the flavored stuff all the time. I just switched to black. Ick.
  • catholic1
    Options
    wow.....i should really measure it rather than eyeball it! thanks!