gymboss interval timer question

Options
I know there has been a bunch of threads on this, but I didn't see my question answered. I think I'm going to buy one but wanted to know the answer to this.

Can you use the stopwatch at the same time as the interval timer?

What I want to do is track the total time exercised as well as using the interval function to manage the interals.

Thanks!

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    No. You can only use one or the other.
  • gregr072
    gregr072 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks, Can it keep track of the total intervals you do then? Or is there a way I can keep track of the total time exercised along with using the interval function?
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    When it is timing intervals there is a number in the lower left corner that counts down the number of intervals you have done. You can subtract the ending number from the starting number to find the number of intervals completed and multiply that by the interval time to find total exercise time.

You cannot use the timer when using the interval function. It is one or the other.
  • Vtron9
    Vtron9 Posts: 18
    Options
    You set the number of intervals you want, and if I want to track total time, I just use the stopwatch feature on my phone
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I noticed that one of my kitchen timers has a "save" feature where you can key in like 2 minutes and then repeat that when you wish. Theoretically, I could use that. If you have a wall clock in the room, you could sort of total your entire workout with that, including breaks (my heart rate is usually still very high during recovery phases, so they count!). I'm exploring the interval timer idea as well because I've seen some great workouts on bodyrock.com.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    When it is timing intervals there is a number in the lower left corner that counts down the number of intervals you have done. You can subtract the ending number from the starting number to find the number of intervals completed and multiply that by the interval time to find total exercise time.

You cannot use the timer when using the interval function. It is one or the other.

Well, now that's some good info. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a handy timer.