• samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Donate them.
  • Roshellexo
    Roshellexo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm still wearing mine! :blushing:
    They're a size 14 (UK) and I'm now a size 12 (UK) but they still look pretty lose!
    I can't afford new ones yet :frown: the downsides of student life...
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Keep one or two items as a reminder to not go there again.
    Donate the rest to a charitable organization
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Donate. Or give to relatives, if they can use any of them.

^^THIS. Do NOT keep them!
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I donate things to a local food pantry that provides food and clothing (for free) to people in need.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Donate!

Your fat clothes are someone else's new clothes.
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Donate em, get the donation slips, write them off on your taxes next year.

This is what I did. I donated 3 FULL bags to Value Village the other day and will probably have another 1 or 2 in the next week.

Don't hold on to them..
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Donate them. But, do keep one pair of pants and a shirt just for a reminder:) I kept one pair of pants and even though I have 20 lbs to relose, I can still fit in one pants leg:)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I donated to Goodwill, although I have a few really nice items that I will either have tailored or sell in a consignment shop. IF I ever lose more weight.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Mine got donated. 8 Hefty bags full.
  • sailindani
    sailindani Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who makes amazing quilts out of recycled clothes. I sent him the boxes of clothes, hes making me a quilt as we speak.... how nice will be to be all warm an cozy with recycled clothes
  • sarahannisdennis
    Options
    I got rid of most of them but kept one pair of pants. When I am having a day when I feel discouraged, I put on that pair of pants and it reminds me how far I have come.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I made some $$ by bringing the designer stuff to a consignment shop. I gave my mom some stuff and the rest was donated to Goodwill.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I am curious what others do who have lost a lot of weight do with their old fat clothes? I have a few boxes of my former "fat" clothes that no longer fit (one nice suit, dress shirts, jeans, t-shirts). Fortunately, I work from home so I don't need lots of suits for work. I don't really have storage issues since I have a cold storage in my basement. I am curious what others have done with your old clothes. I also wonder about the psychological effect of holding on to old fat clothes. I'm thinking that if I just get rid of my old clothes, I will be free of my former fat self. What are your thoughts?

I have lost 165+ pounds in the last 13 months and I feel great. I still have another 30-40 pounds to go. My other clothes were just draping on me so I have had to buy some more clothes. I am now wearing a size XLT shirt down from a 4XLT a year ago. I have a tall torso so I still prefer tall shirts. Normal shirts are usually too short for me. I also bought a new sport coat that is a size 48 long. I used to wear a size 62 suit. I also bought some other clothes that are size XL. My jeans are now waist size 42 after being a waist size of 58/60. I can now buy jeans at Walmart instead of having to go to the big and tall store. They are a lot cheaper too and there is so much more selection. I'm not a huge fashion guy but getting a new wardrobe and more clothing choices are more benefits of losing weight.

First off, CONGRATULATIONS on losing 165+ pounds, that super inspirational! <3

As for the clothes, I see if family wants it, then I donate it. There is this retired vet program that asks to have them in a bag outside your door, and they pick it up right from your house. I have only held on to 1 pair of jeans so far, and as I am losing weight, I buy clothes that stretch so I don't have to do this all the time. Once I'm all done, I'm going to clear it ALL out and donate it.
  • danarod23
    danarod23 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I consign mine at a local consignment shop. That way I help people that need clothes at cheaper prices and I also make money when they sell! Win Win!
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My friends and I are losing weight together. The good thing for me is that I'm bigger than them, so as I lose weight, I get their old fat clothes, which become my new smaller clothes, and then I either donate my bigger clothes to charity, to put them online for free to collect.
  • fatfriendonadiet
    fatfriendonadiet Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well, I kept a few of my favorite t-shirts. But only because I'd spent years building up a collection of almost 200 tees and there were a few that I just couldn't stand to part with.

Frame them. They make an interesting art statement.
    My sister had hers turned into a quilt...
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I recently donated all of my old pants that were falling off of me to Goodwill as well as some shirts. I kept t-shirts because those can be used as workout clothes and for working in the garden, and eventually as rags. I've also bought a lot of clothes at Goodwill during my weight loss, much better than buying new ones at full price that will be too big in a few months.
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    I'm gonna bag all mine up and take them to the charity shop