Has you style changed?

Options
avababy05
avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
Since losing weight how has your style changed?

I used to wear all black or neutrals in hopes of remaining invisible.Now I'm incorporating more color, the brighter the better but still kind of conservative.

Most of my clothes are business attire but,when I'm not working,give me my yoga pants and bright tanks!

What's the biggest change you've made? Did you have a "dream" piece of clothing you wear now but wouldn't wear before?

Replies

• ericmessier
    ericmessier Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Style? No. I dress the same but, I feel better about myself now with smaller sized clothes.

"Dream piece" = Armani Slim Suit. Still have a little more weight to go for that though. :cry:
  • avababy05
    Options
    I should have added what mine is.

A figure hugging red dress instead of something black and as flowy as possible.
  • crossfit_lover
    crossfit_lover Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Formerly a sports jersey, baggy clothes to now slim-fit, tailored clothing. Went from a size XL to S over 3yrs. Love the new me..I've turned back the clock 10yrs on some days based on feedback.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Yep, from wal-mart flannel shirts and cheap jeans, to slim fit 2 peice suits, or sport coat with Lucky jeans ect. And boy do some of the girls stare. I thought men were bad about checking out the opposite Sex haha.

EDIT: I should add that part of my style change was a result of a career change that required dressing in bussiness attire more frequently.
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Used to wear black, still wear black. I just fit my outrageous clothes from teenager years now.
    More tight stuff for sure, more showing of them legs that finnaly got shape.
    Part that, still black and gothette like.
    I did burn all long skirts tho and never ever planning to go back to that stuff.
    I implemented small cute dressess and bought my first summer dress. Only lacking summer now.
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    Yes! I was a firm believer of knee-long dresses. Now, they're not allowed in my wardrobe anymore! No more granny-style, time for sexy legs ;)
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I lived in t-shirts and pajama pants. Now, I am not afraid to wear a shirt that has spandex in it or to flaunt a designer dress, and I find that I am willing to shop L.L. Bean, a store I longed to shop at, just didn't feel right buying their clothes without having a nice physique.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Loving the new colored skinny jean trend. Would never have done that before.
  • avababy05
    Options
    You know,I really do like black.It's versatile.

But when the people who work for you start calling you "dark knight",It's time for a splash of color.:smile:
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    A little. It start with me switching from baggy fit jeans to regular fits and my shirts seem to look better tucked so I started that. That led to buying some dressier clothes. Nothing drastic like suddenly walking around in a suit all the time but just nicer.
  • brunetteavoxgirl
    brunetteavoxgirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Loving the new colored skinny jean trend. Would never have done that before.
    This.
    I bought some purple skinny jeans a few days ago.
  • Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Style hasn't changed, but I was really excited to fit into belted dresses without looking 'squeezed.' I've always liked them, but they always looked a bit odd at a larger size.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Depends on the occasion but definitely more tailored and fitted pieces. I love the fact that I can wear ANYTHING in my closet without worrying about muffin top or how I will look in it. Makes getting ready in the morning so much easier.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I went from the middle-aged mommy look to fitted pants and tops with a hint ( sometimes more) of sexy. I want to show my shape now instead of hiding it. I love my new style and so does hubby.
  • avababy05
    Options
    Absolutely! I went from the middle-aged mommy look to fitted pants and tops with a hint ( sometimes more) of sexy. I want to show my shape now instead of hiding it. I love my new style and so does hubby.

I hear that! I'm also a middle aged Mommy (44) I do sometimes worry about not knowing when I'm crossing the line.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    No, but I am pretty set in my style ways. :D

I might try a few new items, but not hugely different. :)
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I don't know, Personally, I've always had a desire to have the grunge-punk-rock-glam look/style... even when I was 239. The problem back then was that I couldn't pull it off so I used to dress in frumpy/baggy clothing.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

I hear that! I'm also a middle aged Mommy (44) I do sometimes worry about not knowing when I'm crossing the line.

I say go for it, within reason! Basically I look at the context. At work, tone it down. Sexy is not appropriate at work. But on the weekend, or even when attending kids activities, throw in a little sexy. Then on date night with your significant other ( or maybe girls nite out), really go for it and enjoy the new body! Regardless, I make sure that I feel that what I am wearing is flattering, and doesn't hide my new shape.
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I used to wear frumpy 3 xl shirts and 24-26w jeans...to HIDE my huge body....now, I wear fitted12/14 jeans and usually medium fitted shirts....i REFUSE to wear something too big for me...NEVER again
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Yes big time. I used to wear skin tight tops all the time because I looked frumpy in loose fitting shirts. I wear a lot of flowy/silky tops that I never would have worn when heavier. I wear the occasional belly top (also loose and flowy) in the Summer too.