I cheated...

Options
I've been doing good since this Tuesday that past and this weekend I cheated when I went out. I'm mainly eat protein rich foods and low carbs plus following my calories well on the fourth day I weighed myself and lost 3lbs but this Tuesday will be a full week so I'll weigh myself again but I feel so bad about this weekend I want to keep going I don't want to quit. Should I feel so low? What do I do the next day.. go back to my healthy eating regimen?

Replies

• jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    If you feel as you say after just a little fun then you are not going to be able to keep any weight loss off long term. This is a change that you are wanting to make for the long run right??? Then don't fret, get back on track and keep rolling along. Eat foods that you like and things that you know you can continue to eat forever. Enjoy your guilty pleasures, really enjoy them. Just keep within your Macros and eat what you like.

Good luck.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    The faster you get back on track the better. Don't let one mistake deter you. You are so much better than that.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Cheat meals are good for your sanity! =) No reason to be upset. Brush it off and keep going! Cheat days ever now and then are fine..
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and resume. Plus I agree with those who said that cheat days are neccessary. I'm not saying eat chocolate and ice cream for each meal but allow yourself a treat every now and again and it makes it so much easier!!!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    If you want to eat a lil more on the weekends why not zig zag your calories - eat a lil less 2 days and a lil more on 2 days, so it all evens out for the week. Or eat a smaller breakfast and lunch during a day you know you'll be out to dinner.

There's ways to work treats and indulgence into your diet. I'm low carb but a girl has got to have pizza every now and then!
  • griozuna
    griozuna Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I cheated sat and sun but I went back to eating healthy today. Later on I'm going to my Zumba class so I'll be able to burn a good amount of calories before the big weigh in on Tuesday. I need to keep going I know I can reach my goal.
  • AllisonConnell1301
    Options
    I heard a saying that I love..
    One bad meal won't make you fat, just as one healthy meal won't make you skinny.

This is so true! One burger won't make you gain 5 pounds. But eating a sala won't make you instantly lose weight either! If you generally stick to eating healthy, you will see good results.
  • griozuna
    griozuna Posts: 4
    Options
    Well I weighed myself today and I still only lost 3lbs in one week which is okay. That means in a month with my eating plan I can lose 10-12lbs... as long as I'm heading to my goal some way I'm happy. I will still eat clean and exercise I love the feeling! :)
  • Tom_Jones74
    Tom_Jones74 Posts: 108
    Options
    What do I do the next day.. go back to my healthy eating regimen?

Yes.

This goes for smokers, drinkers, eaters, gamblers, drug addicts...

What normally happens though is people beat themselves up over being human and then jump back into their addiction to make themselves feel better.

Don't follow that pattern, start fresh as of now. Discipline ain't easy.
  • Tom_Jones74
    Tom_Jones74 Posts: 108
    Options
    I will still eat clean and exercise I love the feeling! :)

file.php?id=7457