Any good lunch ideas? Calories around 300-350

Options
I have been eating a lot of progresso soup and subway type sandwiches. Need more lunch ideas. Dinner isn't a problem because my husband will eat anything with vegetables in it and I have breakfast nailed down. Thanks

Replies

• loout
    loout Posts: 13
    Options
    Soup and sandwiches can get monotonous after a while!!! I like Smart Ones meals for lunch, There is a big variety to choose from. They may not have up to 300 calories, usually less.
  • DojoMaster888
    DojoMaster888 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Nice premade salad does wonders.
  • lilbrowngirl
    lilbrowngirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy your dinners, I would recommend making an extra serving and taking that to work for lunch. It's really worked well for me. Good Luck!
  • diaryofaskinnygirl
    Options
    I often buy a pack of sushi from the supermarket and the calories range from 200-350 depending on the amount of pieces. It keeps me full for a long time!
    I also like to eat 2 scrambled, whole eggs with smoked salmon mixed in.
    Try tortillas or pitta bread to switch up your sandwich.
    I also often buy bean salads which I will add sliced chicken to to up the protein.
    Yogurt and seeds with fruit salad.
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I take couscous with me to work, you can add all sorts of thing with it, very versatile.
  • Eabec
    Eabec Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Leftovers are a great idea! I cook for a week on Sundays. This week's options are lean beef stew meat (crockpot so tender), lean pork (trimmed carnita), grilled chicken thighs (not as lean as breast but tasty); roasted carrots, green beans, broccoli, and asparagus options. This way, I can switch it up all week, and its little work effort on week nights.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Im making either tuna wrap with kale chips or a salad not sure yet :)
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell: two fresco tacos 300 with .5 oz (half) side of lava sauce 335
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I eat a HUGE salad with about 4-5 oz of protein on it, with egg whites, veggies, and low fat dressing. It's so much and around 350 cals. It fills me up!!
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Smoothies with protein powder...
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 cup vanilla protein + almond milk
    1/2 banana
    1 cup mixed frozen berries
    ice
    blend and enjoy, ita about 320 calories
  • Blondie251975
    Blondie251975 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I bring a week's worth of salad stuff, veggies, salsa, boiled eggs, etc. Then when I cook fish or chicken at home, I bring it to go on my salad. Also, apples, bananas, or clementines (35 cals) :) Most of my salads are from 250 - 400 cals! :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Soup and sandwiches can get monotonous after a while!!! I like Smart Ones meals for lunch, There is a big variety to choose from. They may not have up to 300 calories, usually less.

That isnt as healthy as you think
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Baked omlette/quiche - cook any veg you fancy in it (I usually go onions, mushrooms, pepper and brocolli), pour into a loaf tin, add beaten eggs (I use 5 but you can use as many or few as you like) with whatever spices you like, if you have the cals to spare and like cheese you can also add light cream cheese. Optionally add something on top to act as a sort of base - some low fat cheese mixed with oatbran works for me. Shove in the oven. Divide into three pieces. Serve with salad. Eat the leftovers hot or cold on following days :)

Pitta Pizza - On a wholemeal pitta bread spread some tomato puree and spices, add whatever toppings you fancy (I usually go for onion, mushroom, ham and pineapple!), add some chunks of mozarella or whatever other cheese you like/can afford on top. Bob in the over for 15 minutes. Serve with salad.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    If you enjoy your dinners, I would recommend making an extra serving and taking that to work for lunch. It's really worked well for me. Good Luck!

^^^^^^ ditto to this. keeps lunch expenses down too.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat flat bread or tortilla (flat bread is more hearty); Hummus, salad mix, roll it up, cut in half. You can add a piece of fruit or some baked chips or whatever to go with it, since it barely registers 200 calories, but it is very filling.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been doing high fiber wraps with about 3 oz of deli chicken/turkey, mustard, a slice of bacon, a slice of tomato, couple of lettuce leafs (leaves?), and a slice of cheese. That comes out to just under 200 calories, tack on an orange (or similar) and you've got just about 300. My diary is open if you want to check it out.
  • that_Va_chick
    Options

That isnt as healthy as you think

^^^^^this^^^^^ Way too much in sodium
  • WeatherGirl8
    WeatherGirl8 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with toppings, oatmeal with toppings, nuts, salad with lots of tasty stuff, chicken and beans... you can even get a veggie burger for about 300 calories. Omeletes are great, too. :)
  • Sugasnaps
    Options
    I love Vietnamese Shrimp Spring rolls. The fresh - not fried type. The ones at the local Vietnamese restaurant I go to are about 80 calories each. The Shrimp Pho is also delicious and a whole bowl is about 311 calories. I can't ever finish the whole bowl. Really delicious food though. Even their fried egg rolls are about 120 calories each - always careful with fried food though as it never really sits well with me.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    My favorite lunch:

1 apple, sliced
    2T of pb to dip the apple in
    2 slices of proscuitto, each wrapped around a wedge of light Laughing Cow cheese