Gripe about beachbody!

Options
Hello all!

I am wondering if anyone has experienced this with beachboy...I'm going to start at the beginning...I was looking for a new core workout and Turbo Fire came up in my search, I went and clicked and Turbo Fire was $80, 14 workouts, schedule, recipes, etc WAY EXCITED! I add to my cart and while checking out comes the nifty upgrade option (I know I should've just keep going but figured I could back out) it was for the "Advanced Turbo Fire" still depicting everything the first one came with but with bonuses - work out band and 4 more workouts....well I clicked therefore they billed me and ordered it. Went back to website only to find out that the "advanced system" is actually $80 to order when you ONLY click that...talk to live chat and I think we fixed that. Oh and there was also a free upgraded to express shipping (guaranteed in 2-5 days! i got mine in 12) well it came today. Yep got the stretch band and two DVDs with only 7 workouts...talk to customer service again and they will kindly let me return my package with shipping charges. I even asked to just exchange for the original system but no "i'm sorry we don't allow for exchanges anymore only refunds" well I will be returning my skimpy turbo fire but i was wondering if anyone has had the same experience?

Do you order from beachbody or somewhere else like Amazon?

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I've actually never had any problems with them... and I own nearly every program they have... Sorry that happened to you though! Bummer deal
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I would suggest ordering directly from them... I ordered my Insanity from Newegg.com and got a bogus copy. Will not play in my DVD player (only in my computer) and 2 of the workout DVDs are the same. I have heard the same story from people ordering from Amazon as well (check out the reviews.. it look like its a crapshoot).

At least they offered to do the refund for you. You can always repurchase after the refund.
  • VeganFit
    VeganFit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have ordered from Beachbody and have had nothing but great service. I will say this though that I am A Beachbody Coach just so some may think that my perception may be Biased. I have had one order that I needed to take care of and they were on it instantly and took care of it in a timely fashion. LOVE TurboFire too haha. I order from Beachbody obviously but even if I wasn't a Coach I would order from Beachbody direct as I'd rather support the Coach and know that if anything goes wrong or if I need to call it in Ordering direct from the company is safer then not. I hope your order gets sorted out though. Are you still going to do TF?
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I have heard a lot of people saying similar things. If you order from BB though I think you can return a programme if you use it but don't like it. Not sure if Amazon has the same offer. Also worth noting that there are loads of pirated copies of BB products so be careful if you order from somewhere else.
  • jeshhh
    jeshhh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My BB order went fine! Sorry to hear about your experience, though. I did find their ordering system terribly confusing and cumbersome.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I order everything I can from Amazon.com. It's the most conveniant, and I've never had a problem with Amazon.com. They're excellent.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I tend to wait till they start stocking their things at places like Walmart etc but I'm from canada and always leery about the extra shipping charges and afraid of customs/ other duties that tend to get tagged on top of it...
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I hate, hate, hate their online ordering system. I ordered Chalean Extreme, thought I was all set, then got started on this stupid upgrade process. Once was enough, but then it kept giving me other options. I finally just closed it out and ordered it through a friend who was a coach--simple and easy. HOWEVER, a few days later, I received TWO sets. One from the original attempt, that I thought I abandoned and the other from my friend. Since I'm a terrible procrastinator, I ended up not returning the other in time and having to sell it for less on Craigslist.

Anyway, anyone else thinking about ordering their products, do it, but do it one of two ways:

1. Order through a "coach."
    2. Order through amazon. (I ordered Insanity this way and it was fine)

DO NOT order it yourself through their website, unless you want to go through 3 or so upgrade requests.

*Disclaimer: I am not a coach, but they are easy enough to find.
  • no_where1976
    no_where1976 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I am really bummed and really really wanted to do Turbo Fire! I am trying to calm down! It was just frustrating I have been stalking this shipment waiting for my goodies and then they arrived and I couldn't believe it.

I think I will probably return and possibly order again. I just wanted the representative to make it right after I explained my dilemma that I had already talked to one rep. and conveyed what I thought I was getting.

The ordering process was cumbersome and confusing to me. If that makes any sense.

Thanks again!
  • no_where1976
    Options
    That's what happened to me! Thank you for replying...how do I order from a coach?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I would suggest ordering directly from them... I ordered my Insanity from Newegg.com and got a bogus copy. Will not play in my DVD player (only in my computer) and 2 of the workout DVDs are the same. I have heard the same story from people ordering from Amazon as well (check out the reviews.. it look like its a crapshoot).

At least they offered to do the refund for you. You can always repurchase after the refund.

I bought my Insanity off of Amazon, fulfilled by Beachbody and didn't have any issues with them. I was skeptical as well after reading all the reviews but figured if it was through Beachbody they'd be ok and they were. I think Amazon needs to be made aware of the pirated versions and get rid of those sellers.

As for the OP's issue: I'd have been upset over the response from customer service and asked to talk to a manager about it. Maybe you should call back and do that and if you get no where ask to talk to THEIR supervisor. You can obviously prove what you ordered so there's no reason they shouldn't rectify it.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Just wait - you'll get tons of messages in your inbox in 3...2...1...

;-)
  • no_where1976
    Options

;-)

LOL

I'll wait for those :)

(haven't gotten any yet hehe)
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I hate, hate, hate their online ordering system. I ordered Chalean Extreme, thought I was all set, then got started on this stupid upgrade process. Once was enough, but then it kept giving me other options. I finally just closed it out and ordered it through a friend who was a coach--simple and easy. HOWEVER, a few days later, I received TWO sets. One from the original attempt, that I thought I abandoned and the other from my friend. Since I'm a terrible procrastinator, I ended up not returning the other in time and having to sell it for less on Craigslist.

Anyway, anyone else thinking about ordering their products, do it, but do it one of two ways:

1. Order through a "coach."
    2. Order through amazon. (I ordered Insanity this way and it was fine)

DO NOT order it yourself through their website, unless you want to go through 3 or so upgrade requests.

*Disclaimer: I am not a coach, but they are easy enough to find.
    This last bit made me laugh. I bet OP has already been bombarded with pms from coaches!!!
  • jaz050465
    Options

;-)

Wrote my response before I read this. Oh we are so cynical!!!!!! Bet we're right though. :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Where's Coach when we need him?

Maybe he can explain a better way to order????
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Been using beachbody products since 2009, but this year have decided to no longer buy anything from them.

They have changed their policies and have started marketing very aggressively including shenanigans.

My shenanigan was that I ordered Shakeology and MADE SURE that I did not check the box for auto refill. I have ordered like a dozen products so I know I need to uncheck that box.

But 30 days later got a new package. I had to call them 5 different times. At first they said I have to send it back and pay for postage. I refused and yelled at them. They agreed to send me a fedex label, but I had to call back for a total of 5 times.

After I got the label, I returned the box the same day.

Close to two weeks later, no money returned. Had to call 3 more times to have them return my money.

All this time they kept the money, which is beneficial to any corporation. Customer service was incredibly poor.

I think they got big and it got to their head. It is no longer a decent company with a closely engaged management. So I have decided to dump them. I also doubt their products now. I sent them an email and let them know this story. They couldnt care less as was evident from a lack of reply.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I order all of my BB products through Amazon. They get shipped a lot faster, even without the "express" scam.
  • no_where1976
    Options
    Been using beachbody products since 2009, but this year have decided to no longer buy anything from them.

They have changed their policies and have started marketing very aggressively including shenanigans.

My shenanigan was that I ordered Shakeology and MADE SURE that I did not check the box for auto refill. I have ordered like a dozen products so I know I need to uncheck that box.

But 30 days later got a new package. I had to call them 5 different times. At first they said I have to send it back and pay for postage. I refused and yelled at them. They agreed to send me a fedex label, but I had to call back for a total of 5 times.

After I got the label, I returned the box the same day.

Close to two weeks later, no money returned. Had to call 3 more times to have them return my money.

All this time they kept the money, which is beneficial to any corporation. Customer service was incredibly poor.

I think they got big and it got to their head. It is no longer a decent company with a closely engaged management. So I have decided to dump them. I also doubt their products now. I sent them an email and let them know this story. They couldnt care less as was evident from a lack of reply.

I wonder if that will happen to me....i'm waiting for my return label.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I ordered through them and one of the dvd's was defective. They just sent me another one for no charge. I was very happy with the customer service I got.