C25K Peeps! Question-

Options
Do you strictly stick to the only 3 days a week or do some of you do it every day? (like M-F)

I'm on Week 3 and I feel I want to do it everyday. I just don't want to screw everything up by over doing it.

Replies

• sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It says 3-5 days per week but I averaged about 4 times a week in the beginning when it was quick and easy. Now I am running 3 times and doing light weights and elliptical on my off running days.
  • shytrevoak
    shytrevoak Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    That's perfect. That's what I was planning to do (off days elliptical, bike, etc). I'm sure as it gets harder I'll only be able to do the 3 days, but right now it just feels right. Thanks for the info!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    When i did it i stuck to the 3 days per week. On your nonrunning days you can do strength training.
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I completed c25k back in October I think. I think I ran 4-5 days a week. I know run 5-6 days a week, and I am able to do 8 mile runs twice a week. I completed a Super Spartan (8.3 mile run) 2 weeks ago. I say if you are not hurting then go for it. It will not hurt to run a little more. Our bodies were designed to run. I found most times training up to that race that the best medicine for pain was to continue running. Do not over do it, and remember to take rest days.
  • Andie122
    Andie122 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I always do the 3-days per week and fill in another 2- to 3- days with strength training or cross training. I've trained for a few half marathons that way... always 3 days a week running, 3 others cross training... and you can run some serious distance without having to run every day.
  • maryannville
    maryannville Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I say follow the plan. I skipped C25K altogether and just ran a lot when I started running. Bad idea. You can run wrong, or run too much too quickly, causing issues that can last a long time. Just because you don't hurt, doesn't mean you didn't hurt something you did not realize. People create these plans for a reason - because they have experience and they have seen issues creep up. I say if you don't hurt, that's awesome. Definitely keep cross training. When I started running I stopped cross training and I regretted that! Take it slow is my advice. It is hard because you want to go go go. I ran 12 5Ks in my first few months ever running... I pulled my hamstring, got plantar fasciitis, tight IT bands, hip pain, you name it. Keep your glutes, lower abs tight and strong while running. It is SO important.
  • emzilee
    emzilee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I generally try and stick to every other day, though depending on my schedule I'll sometimes go to the gym two days in a row and do a slightly easier non-C25K session on the treadmill.
  • shytrevoak
    shytrevoak Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input everyone! Helps so much :)