Black Bean Quesadilla

Options
ericadawn92
ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
Just threw this together for lunch and it was delicious :D

Nutrition (based on the exact ingredients I used): 387 cal, 49g carbs, 17g fat, 23g protein

21mut01.jpg

Ingredients:
-1/2 cup Bush's black beans
-1 Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss wedge
-1/4 cup Kraft shredded cheddar cheese
-1 low carb/high fiber tortilla by La Tortilla Factory
-1/4-1/3 red bell pepper (depending on how big your pepper is/how much you like peppers), chopped
-1/4 medium yellow onion, chopped
-3 tablespoons medium salsa, divided
-olive oil cooking spray

Prep:

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a baking sheet with your cooking spray. Put your tortilla on the sheet, and spread the Laughing Cow wedge on one half of the tortilla. Then spread 1 tbsp of the salsa on top of the cheese. Next spread on your 1/2 cup of black beans. Top the beans with your shredded cheese. Put the remaining 2 tbsp on top of the cheese. Bake the tortilla in the oven for 10-12 minutes. (all of the ingredients should be on just 1/2 of the tortilla so that you can fold it in half when it's done)

While that's baking, spray a frying pan with the cooking spray and sautee your red bell peppers and onions until soft.

Take the tortilla out of the oven, top with your peppers and onions, and fold the tortilla over so it looks like a quesadilla.

Voila! You're done :) The only thing that might make this better is to add some cumin, chili powder, and/or garlic powder for extra flavor, and if you have Mexican style shredded cheese on hand, rather than just plain cheddar. I was in a hurry though, and I worked with what I had :)

Enjoy!

Replies