100 pounds to lose and I'm new!

Options
Joezeeah
Joezeeah Posts: 14 Member
Looking for friends (veterans or newbies like me) to help me stay on track even when things start go crazy. None of my friends are excited about my decision to lose weight and this past week wasn't stellar. Add me!

Replies

• logiraysmom
    logiraysmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I also have almost 100 pounds to lose and I am new;) I will send you a request!
  • beckizzle
    beckizzle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    hey sweetie!
    don't fret! I'm in the same boat! I'm on this weight loss and fitness road alone!
    but we can support each other on here! :D

Bec

x
  • EvetteM41
    EvetteM41 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi I just wanted to say I am sorry your friends aren't being supportive. Good Luck on your journey. I know you can do this!
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site and huge hugs for making the decision to loose the weight.I don't quite have 100 to loose (about half of that) but add me as a friend if you like.Stay focused and if you're friends are not happy for you then that's their problem NOT yours.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I also started the 100lb journey and I'm 10% of the way there :flowerforyou:
  • stefi2107
    stefi2107 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you would like, I've lost 121 pounds so I know where you are coming from :)
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I want to loose around that! I sent you a request :)
  • AprilBurns86
    Options
    I will send you a friend request! I also have 100 to lose, and I could always use some more motivation!
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You got this! Just stay focused. Dont give up!
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site and good luck. I started out where you are about three years ago. I'd be happy to help anyway I can. Feel free to add me
  • bellyboosmom
    bellyboosmom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie too, and I have over 100 lbs. to lose. Feel free to add me. We can encourage each other :smile:
  • Atojiso
    Atojiso Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm also new and have around 100lbs to lose. I'm excited and really want to do this! Let's all be excited! Woo! Request sent!
  • ucardiel
    ucardiel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Stay positive!
  • JANANNA
    JANANNA Posts: 2
    Options
    Just take it one step at a time, plan ahead, have some healthy snacks on hand for hen you need them and really note your emotions! The major hurdle re binge and overeating and getting off track is related to your emotions - usually negative ones.
    try to identify the feeling at that time - rather than feeding the feeling ( which works but leads to habt and addiction - which is really difficult to overcome when it goes on too long.
    Find an alternative to these neg feelings. Eg I'm bored, I'm tired, im cold/hot, annoyed, anxious, frustrated etc - try to move awaym change your position or trying an opposite activity.
    Watching tv in the evenings just for the sake of it and to relax - unless it was really interesting and holding your attention would lead me to the Icecream or pkt of biscuits ( especially wen the ads came in)
    - I started knitting for overseas orphanages n the evenings while watching tv and that really helped.
    This just one example but I still have to overcome my addiction to emotional eating , but I understand whats appening much better ne. . I'm 'under pressure' for whatever reason and my body says FUEL UP! I'm not really hungry but body demans fuel brought on by the emotional stress.(stress hormones released into your system.
    This is where the key lies in relation to losing weight and KEEPING IT OFF,!!
    Hope this helps
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I have 105 (well now 30) to lose, add me if you like. I log everyday and have an open diary for friends.
  • southernbrat76
    Options
    Trying to lose 120 lbs :). Looking for a support system. Feel free to add me . Good luck to all .
  • HoneyPie99
    Options
    Hello I have 100 plus to lose..you can add me and anyone else that needs friends.:heart:
  • elaineirene84
    elaineirene84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Have about 120 lbs to lose and just got to my first milestone, 20 lbs lost! It is a slow process but you won't regret it once you start seeing results and feeling great! Anyone can feel free to add me, I log daily and have a open diary. I will give any advice or support I can!!
  • kimmynw1
    kimmynw1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am new as well with over 100 lbs to lose. I started 15 days ago and have already met some amazing supportive peopel! We can do this together. I just opened my diary today and parts are good and parts are ugly but it is me working towards a better me. Having a sense of humor is helpful as well! I can laugh at myself and some of my food choices but manage mostly to stay under my goals.
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have about 100 pounds to loose, have been here about 40 days, and log on everyday unless the ice has my internet out. If you think we can motivate each other feel free to add me.