Frustrated ...

Options

Replies

• Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I bought avacodos today never had them before and not exactly sure "how" to eat them and with what ?

salt and spoon

Spoon, I'd skip the salt. Or spread it on toast. Or make it into a milkshake. Avocado is awesome pretty much anyway you eat it.
  • LisaDec1969
    LisaDec1969 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    this may sound weird but I am learning to eat... Normal to me was eating supper only ...drinking diet icetea that was my "normal eating habit and ...I am diabetic so it's time to smarten up loose weight and eat right !
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    I bought avacodos today never had them before and not exactly sure "how" to eat them and with what ?

how ever you'd like. I prefer them with spicy food, like in a salad with jalepeno peppers but my friend from the phillipines drinks them as a shake with a little sweetened condensed milk. Google recipes, you should be able to find something you think you'd like
  • LisaDec1969
    Options

Do you like guacamole? You eat it with chips. I bake corn tortillas to make chips. They're very good.

that sounds good do you have a recipe ?
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am having a very hard time reach my 1200 cal mark always way under...not good and I haven't even added my exercise ...Diary is open pls have a look and tell me what I can do better .Thanks in advance

More seriously if you're really 50 lbs overweight (based on what you're trying to lose) then it's hard to believe you got that way eating less than 1200 calories. So you know exactly how to eat more. The question is more why are you eating so little? It's not kind to your body, it's unlikely to result in long term positive results and you're probably going to end up feeling pretty deprived.

Personally I'd say eat clean as much as possible, enjoy food and up those calories with loads of healthy stuff as suggested above (nuts, fruit, dairy if that's your thing).
  • LisaDec1969
    Options

how ever you'd like. I prefer them with spicy food, like in a salad with jalepeno peppers but my friend from the phillipines drinks them as a shake with a little sweetened condensed milk. Google recipes, you should be able to find something you think you'd like

thank you
  • Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have a question. Do you really eat your tuna plain out of the can with nothing mixed in? (P.S great place for some of that avocado)
    I agree with the earlier poster about doing whole grain breads instead of diet breads. Good luck hun!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I enjoy 1/4 of an avocado spread on some whole grain toast with a fried egg on top.

Avocado with crackers and cheese

Avocado on a sandwich or burger instead of mayo\

Cubed on top of a salad

I could go on and on....
  • heyyoudontgiveup
    heyyoudontgiveup Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Check my diary to see what I eat. I eat around 1200-1400 calories a day.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    your portion size is incredibly low and you're eating a lot of negative calorie foods (like cucumber). and only eating 2 oz of meat for dinner. Your dietary restrictions are too extreme. Eat some healthy carbs throughout the day and more balanced meals. oatmeal with breakfast not just 2 eggs and a banana. Add other ingredients to your tuna...eat healthy snacks not 0.1oz of banana chips.
  • LisaDec1969
    Options
    I have a question. Do you really eat your tuna plain out of the can with nothing mixed in? (P.S great place for some of that avocado)
    I agree with the earlier poster about doing whole grain breads instead of diet breads. Good luck hun!

Sorry did forget to add my fat free mayo ...and thanks I will try the avocado mixed in
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to think of all the ways I eat avocados since they're one of my favorite foods...

I eat avocados in a wrap with a whole wheat tortilla or flat bread.
    I also eat avocado sandwiches.
    I cut them up and eat them on salads.
    I eat them by themselves with a little cayenne pepper.
    I make guacamole.

And I understand trying to learn how to eat healthy. Do you have any friends with open diaries on here. I get a lot of ideas just from what I see other people eating. Of course, it's not all healthy since we're all human, but you get the idea.
  • LisaDec1969
    Options
    your portion size is incredibly low and you're eating a lot of negative calorie foods (like cucumber). and only eating 2 oz of meat for dinner. Your dietary restrictions are too extreme. Eat some healthy carbs throughout the day and more balanced meals. oatmeal with breakfast not just 2 eggs and a banana. Add other ingredients to your tuna...eat healthy snacks not 0.1oz of banana chips.

It was the first ime I had a banana chip didn't like.. didn't realize cucumbers were negative ?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    You had know problem eating before, that's why you are on here, try this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Goofy, I looked through several days of your diary, and it seems to me you are doing A LOT of "diet" food. Why not try to eat more regular foods, but in moderation. I do this, and I stay within my calorie goals, and I don't really feel like I am dieting! I even had fast food with my son last night (Chick-fil-A, they have a meal builder on their website). It was awesome!!!
  • LisaDec1969
    Options
    You had know problem eating before, that's why you are on here, try this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

Actually I did because I only ate once a day and maybe made poor choices thanks for the link
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I love avocado in a salad or as a spread on a turkey or tuna sandwich or wrap. Yummy!
  • LisaDec1969
    Options
    Goofy, I looked through several days of your diary, and it seems to me you are doing A LOT of "diet" food. Why not try to eat more regular foods, but in moderation. I do this, and I stay within my calorie goals, and I don't really feel like I am dieting! I even had fast food with my son last night (Chick-fil-A, they have a meal builder on their website). It was awesome!!!

Thank you very much , as I said I am new at this any positive feeback is really appreciated and suggestions are a huge bonus
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Try adding some fat. E.g. Mash your egg up with butter in the morning, fry your chicken in coconut oil, add olive oil to salads, have a handful of nuts with your grapes. Fat is great for sneaking calories in.
  • LisaDec1969
    Options
    I love avocado in a salad or as a spread on a turkey or tuna sandwich or wrap. Yummy!

so what would a portion be and how is it best to store the leftover