Help pimples

Options
Ok so I have been doing this for about 2 months or so. I am 28 and have battled pimples worse in the last 2 years the ever in my teens please help tried a few things every got creams from doctor they dry out or are too oily any advice

Replies

• lolitasunrise
    Options
    Try an oil-based cleaner like Cetaphil. It may sound counterintuitive, but when you wash your face with traditional cleansers, you strip your face of essential oils and dry out your skin, which then tries to overcompensate by producing more oil, and you end up with this vicious cycle. At least that was how it was for me. Usually when a cleaner is marketed as "oil free", it's just an advertising gimmick because people tend to think oil on face = bad, when really the opposite is often true. I use Cetaphil for normal to oily skin.

Another thing that helps me is if I'm in the middle of a bad breakout, I change my pillowcase every night so that the germs and nastiness from your face that rubs off the night before doesn't rub back onto your freshly cleaned face the night after.

Aside from that, make sure you're getting plenty of sleep and managing your stress. Some people are blessed with skin that is resilient to almost anything. Others, like me, break out after losing just an hour of sleep. It's really not fair. :/
  • wozniaks
    wozniaks Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Try an oil-based cleaner like Cetaphil. It may sound counterintuitive, but when you wash your face with traditional cleansers, you strip your face of essential oils and dry out your skin, which then tries to overcompensate by producing more oil, and you end up with this vicious cycle. At least that was how it was for me. Usually when a cleaner is marketed as "oil free", it's just an advertising gimmick because people tend to think oil on face = bad, when really the opposite is often true. I use Cetaphil for normal to oily skin.

Another thing that helps me is if I'm in the middle of a bad breakout, I change my pillowcase every night so that the germs and nastiness from your face that rubs off the night before doesn't rub back onto your freshly cleaned face the night after.

Aside from that, make sure you're getting plenty of sleep and managing your stress. Some people are blessed with skin that is resilient to almost anything. Others, like me, break out after losing just an hour of sleep. It's really not fair. :/
    . Thanks
  • SeoulKim05
    SeoulKim05 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I use organic coffee grounds! After I have used them for my coffee I save them for the day (and use when I take a shower at night) or a I will mix some up if I need it fresh for the morning before I have had coffee(adding water to make a paste) I had real bad bumps(not acne) but pumps all over my face after the birth of my second son 3yrs ago. I tired lots of things, spent lots of money. This works best. Google it, and see if it is something you could try. Also I will add some lemon juice to the mix for a peel. :-)
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I use Serious Skin Care Glycolic Cleanser at night and a wash cloth to gently clean and exfoliate my skin to keep it clear. Then I use a gentle face cream like CeraVe or Cetaphil. I use CeraVe moisturizing face cleanser in the morning and then Purpose spf 15 face lotion. They're all gentle. The Glycolic Cleanser is key to keeping my skin clear and so is washing my makeup off at night.
  • aditifoodie
    aditifoodie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Cetaphil works for me too...
  • kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have the SAME exact problem! Mine did not start until I had a UTI put in. But now that I am exercising and sweating more its even worse! I am def. going to try Cetaphil though as thats one of the ones I have yet to try!
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Cetaphil is awesome, I used it clear through college and had almost no problems with pimples.
    Also-my esthetician recently told me if you use a cream cleanser (like Noxzema, not a foaming one) make sure you wash it off with a cloth and not just by splashing water on your face. The cleanser can get trapped in your pores if it isn't removed properly and cause your problem to worsen.