Anyone else have this problem??

I weigh daily but record my weight on Tuesday. Each week I attempt to eat normal on Tuesday but always seem to "cheat" on this day and then get back on track Wednesday. Does anyone else splurge on their weigh in day? Also, any ideas on ways to overcome this habit? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• I do something similar, but for me it revolves around hitting a new low weight. I think there is a psychological element to it. Sometimes it is "yay me, I am going to celebrate with a good meal because I worked so hard." Sometimes it is more like relieving the stress from worrying about whether the scale will cooperate on weigh-in day. Try focusing on what you are really thinking about before you make the choice to eat something you wouldn't normally eat, then see if you can replace the snacking with some other activity. Chew gum, drink water, brush your teeth etc. I even have a few bottles of essential oils that I will sometimes pull out when the cravings just won't go away. Peppermint is particularly helpful for this.

It's also important not to deprive yourself of the things you really like, just practice moderation. Deprivation just leads to bingeing IMO.
  • Its all about habit. You have developed the habit and need to replace it with another one. Think about breaking the day down into smaller increments. Focus on making good choices that day for breakfast then again for lunch and dinner. Helps to be mindful when you hit this wall. I had the hardest time breaking my night time habit of eating. I am great during the the day but night not so much at night. I would focus on the next 15 minutes to just get through it. It got easier as time went on. Hope this helps. :smile:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    No sorry I don't. I do find though that I eat more before TOM