Beer...

Options
2»

Replies

• _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    When you drink beer or any alcohol, your body stops burning fat and burns the booze first, bc it sees it as poison in the body. That said, if you drink 6 beers, for the next 6 hrs you won't be burning any fat or food you put in your system til the beer is gone. That is why it slows your progress. Especially if you eat after you drink (like I do). Those nachos will sit there for 6 hrs as your body burns the booze. Guess where those nachos will be going in the meantime? Yep, to your belly, your legs, your everything.
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    As long as you count it in your calories you should be fine. I gave up alcohol but its not necessary for everyone.
  • stina412
    stina412 Posts: 78
    Options
    Yes...but my consumption has dramatically decreased. It's actually really hard right now because we're getting and early dose of spring with the time change...all I want to do is go sit on my patio and drink copious amounts of beer in the evening while I cook meat on the grill. Major spring fever going on.
    This is me too....summer is gonna be a challenge !
  • foremaar012
    Options
    I still drink beer but I didn't start losing quickly until I started to keep it in moderation one or two a week ( craft beer is ridic...my favorite is the mojo ipa 338 calories a pint...boo) I still drink everyday pretty much but its a glass of wine or a vodka diet to keep the calories down.
  • rossmy1
    rossmy1 Posts: 17
    Options
    I agree...well said!
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I still drink beer in moderation, but I'm not a big beer drinker and there's only one kind I will drink - Blue Moon - and I have to be in the mood for it. That being said, I bought a 6 pack in October and 3 are still in my fridge. That's how often I have a beer lol.
  • westva2nc
    westva2nc Posts: 25
    Options
    I love beer, too. And though my intake has decreased from my pre-weight loss days, I still have beer on the weekends and still have managed to keep losing. I just keep track of the calories and make sure I keep exercising/burning it off. Cheers:)
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Not to mention, it's usually only darker beers or beers with sediment that contain the really healthy stuff, which is not what most people drink.

Give me the dark beers!!! I'm one of the few and proud to hate Bud and all its brethren... REAL BEER!!
    Other than that, I'll drink some Hard Ciders like Magners that have nothing added and aren't too bad on calories. :laugh: But I do try to limit myself to one or maybe two and it's usually only one night a week if that often.
  • rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    All this beer talk is making me thirsty:drinker:
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    I still drink beer in moderation, but I'm not a big beer drinker and there's only one kind I will drink - Blue Moon - and I have to be in the mood for it. That being said, I bought a 6 pack in October and 3 are still in my fridge. That's how often I have a beer lol.

Boyfriend bought a case of an assorted beer in November... Most of it is still sitting in our dining room. I've started throwing it out a beer at a time (It's really nasty stuff) so he doesn't notice. He always leaves 3-4 beers in the fridge to grow legs for months and months and then buys a new case of beer for a party and leaves the old beer behind while bringing home the rest of the case. Ugh, it's like some beer hell algebra in our fridge. I think for his birthday I'll get him a beer fridge for the garage so we have more room in the fridge. :drinker:
  • j3bean
    j3bean Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I recommend drinking beer after you have eaten your dinner. For me it slows me down so that I tend to sip and savor. If I drink it before dinner (while I am cooking...) its a complete disaster- Beer is consumed before I know what happened and then I am really hungry for dinner. So, I find it easier to just wait with the beer until later. Hope that helps.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I still drink a home brewski or a glass of wine a few times a week. Why not? You learn to make it work.
  • IM_Lara_Croft
    Options
    Yes.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Mmmhmm.