What do you eat for snacks?

Options

Replies

• LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    These are just MY snacks that I enjoy and thought I'd share besides the obvious fruit (alll the good ones are in season now) and veggies!

Light laughing cow cheese, only 23 calories per wedge and 1g of fat! Love it on unsalted rice cakes with sliced cucumber, on wasa bread or just plain!! Also love a tiny bit of cheese wizz on wasa too!

Special K mocha chocolate bar, 90 cal and will fix any chocolate cravings!!!

Ritz 100 calorie bags!, Doritos 100 cal bags, baked cheetos 100 cal bags, sun chips 100 cal bags!

Mini rice cakes, the butter popcorn flavor really does taste like popcorn! Love the ketchup ones and sour cream and onion too!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Riceworks brand chips. They are all natural with no preservatives. 140 calories for 10, but that is surely enough as they fill you up. I must warn that they are a bit addictive though. I would suggest counting your portions out 1st, or it will be easy to eat a whole bag. The chili one's are delightful!!! They are made of rice of course:)
  • hammersue1
    hammersue1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    quavers, skips, snackjacks, cheese ones with sliced tomatoe are lovely and filling,
    Weight watchers nachos are also nice.
    fresh pineapple

marmite with cottage cheese on toasted brown bread.
  • dlrcpa
    dlrcpa Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg
    Cheerios (plain)
    Add some Grape Nuts to your yogurt
    Grape Nuts and Applesauce w/ cinnamon
    Mock Orange Julius - equal parts OJ and Milk, add a little bit of vanilla and a packet of sweetener, ice and blend it all in the blender - very filling and a good cool-down after yard work!
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yopliat makes these frozen packs for smoothies. They are 120 cal for 1 serving and sooo yummy. They are not processed, just frozen fruit and frozen yogurt together. You add it with skim milk and I add a little sugar free cool whip on top. I hope you like it.

I also eat quaker mini rice cakes. 60 calories for a serving. Good Luck!!
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Another good smoothie recipe is:

1 cup water
    1 cup ice
    1 single serving packet of orange crystal light
    1 sugar free vanilla pudding cup.

Blend together in blender and enjoy. Total 65 calories!! Yummy. :)
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    I just tried;

1/4 cup low fat ricotta cheese
    1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese
    1 splenda packed
    1 pinch pumpkin pie spice

mixed all together and soooooo yummy!
    don't know how many calories are in the pinch of spice
    but the other was only 120 calories
    I will try it with fat free ricotta next time for less calories!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I just tried;

1/4 cup low fat ricotta cheese
    1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese
    1 splenda packed
    1 pinch pumpkin pie spice

mixed all together and soooooo yummy!
    don't know how many calories are in the pinch of spice
    but the other was only 120 calories
    I will try it with fat free ricotta next time for less calories!

Probably a calorie or so in the spice, not enough to matter much. Sounds great!
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If I want a treat I always make up a smoothie of mango, banana, pineapple and orange juice and freeze it into lollies. It's yummy! :)
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    Another good smoothie recipe is:

1 cup water
    1 cup ice
    1 single serving packet of orange crystal light
    1 sugar free vanilla pudding cup.

Blend together in blender and enjoy. Total 65 calories!! Yummy. :)

I'm definately trying this one, THANKS!
  • genann
    Options
    For the last few weeks my favorite snacks are String Cheese. At only 80 calories they are really good, and good for you, and I eat them in the evening while watchine TV. (Keeps chocolate ( my downfall) out of my hands.
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    Do you have a certain calorie range you would like your snacks to stay within?

Some of my favorite snacks are:

Greek Yogurt
    Wheat Thins Fiber Vegetable Crackers w/Light Lauging Cow Cheese <--- My new FAVORITE...it is sooo good!!!!!
    Cucumbers and Green Peppers dipped in Catalina Dressing
    Popcorn
    Rice Cakes w/Peanut Butter
    Vita Muffin Tops
    Strawberries
    String Cheese
  • genann
    Options
    Do you have a certain calorie range you would like your snacks to stay within?

Some of my favorite snacks are:

Greek Yogurt
    Wheat Thins Fiber Vegetable Crackers w/Light Lauging Cow Cheese <--- My new FAVORITE...it is sooo good!!!!!
    Cucumbers and Green Peppers dipped in Catalina Dressing
    Popcorn
    Rice Cakes w/Peanut Butter
    Vita Muffin Tops
    Strawberries
    String Cheese

I've had the laughing cow cheese and LOVE it. The cucumbers and green peppers in catalina dressing sounds really good...
  • Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    I am a weirdo. I make low cal soup and portion it out into 1 cup servings for a snack. Just green veggies (brocolli, zucchini, asparagus), broth to cover, thyme, and salt and pepper, cooked until tender, blended, and then I add 1/2 cup or so of milk. It is like 45 calories for a cup.

I also marinate cucumbers with some rice wine vinegar and dill. Kind of like pickles but without all the sugar.

Also, cherries, edamame (you can find it frozen most places, takes just a few minutes to boil), a whole wheat tortilla roll-up with peanut butter and jelly.

I am hungry now.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I saw everyone commenting on the tomatoes and olive oil and it made me think of my Roma tomatoes and salt and pepper snack (yes, salt... I actually am always really low on my sodium so I don't have to worry about adding it to my snacks). Does anyone else like tomatoes with just salt and pepper on them? I don't know where my family got the idea, but I remember as a kid eating them that way.

Note: I find Roma tomatoes are much meatier so prefer them over regular.

Silly Note: I was trying to think of weighs to get more raw tomatoes in my diet so got the grape tomatoes and low fat blue cheese dressing. The dressing was horrible so that was when I remembered how I used to eat tomatoes... but cutting all those little grape tomatoes in half (so the salt and pepper sticks to them) was a pain! So in came the Roma's. hehe
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Lke others, I recommend getting fruits in season. You save so much money! I just got a HUGE bag of cherries for $1! Right now berries, melons and cherries are super cheap and so delish! It looks like you have a great list so far :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I make a guiltless greek dip for veggies - 6oz 0% Fage, mixed with chopped dill, chopped scallions and garlic, let it sit overnight for best flavors. You think you are eating sour cream dip!! With no guilt and lots of protein!

Unsweetened applesauce cups with a string cheese

Whipped cottage cheese with natural pb or a teaspoon of f/f s/f jello mix added in as sweetener (lemon is awesome)

Oatmeal with natural pb and/or almond milk

Kamut cakes (like rice cakes only a better for you grain) with a thin layer of natural pb or cottage cheese

Greek yogurt with a little Splenda mixed in for sweetness (or agave nectar)
  • genann
    Options
    I saw everyone commenting on the tomatoes and olive oil and it made me think of my Roma tomatoes and salt and pepper snack (yes, salt... I actually am always really low on my sodium so I don't have to worry about adding it to my snacks). Does anyone else like tomatoes with just salt and pepper on them? I don't know where my family got the idea, but I remember as a kid eating them that way.

Note: I find Roma tomatoes are much meatier so prefer them over regular.

Silly Note: I was trying to think of weighs to get more raw tomatoes in my diet so got the grape tomatoes and low fat blue cheese dressing. The dressing was horrible so that was when I remembered how I used to eat tomatoes... but cutting all those little grape tomatoes in half (so the salt and pepper sticks to them) was a pain! So in came the Roma's. hehe

I LOVE tomatoes right out of the garden with salt and pepper on them. I actually keep salt and pepper in the garage and when I pick tomatoes theres a couple of them that don't make it into the house...:happy:
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options

I love tomatoes with just salt and maybe pepper. I also really like them with garlic salt.