Dessert recipes that will satisfy my post dinner sweet tooth

Options

Replies

• girlybirdy
    girlybirdy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A nice fruit salad with some yogurt for dipping is a favourite of mine in the summer.

At the moment I'm into jelly (low cal), a small fruit cup or a chopped up nectarine/peach/pear, and a dash of cream or yogurt. Total calories come in at around 110. If I have spare calories I add one of those sponge finger biscuits (traditionally used for tiramisu), splashed with sherry.....it's like a mini trifle! Really yummy. I have even served them for dinner parties and noone knew they were low calorie!
  • LiftHuff
    LiftHuff Posts: 131
    Options
    http://www.epicureanbb.com/tagged/Desserts

^^ She makes some incredible food.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    One cup is 8 ounces. Ironically, my recipe is called 5 cup salad. One cup drained mandarin oranges, one cup drained pineapple chunks or tidbits, two cups mini-marshmallows, one cup shredded coconut, enough vanilla Greek yogurt to moisten, about a cup. Stir it all together and let it sit in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. I can't get MFP to save my recipe settings, but it works out to about 173 calories per heaping half cup. It is also low sodium with a respectable potassium count. Refreshing, sweet and light.
  • RWilliams_Fit
    RWilliams_Fit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    fat free/sugar free dark choc jello!! 60 cals soooo good!
  • Caletagirl
    Caletagirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Original Ryvita and melted nutella all mixed together. Tastes like Ferror Roche! Yum
  • JamieRebecca23
    Options
    i buy spongecake dessert shells that are 60 calories. take 1, add 1 cup of strawberries. (about 45 calories), add 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk (30 calories).... and done. strawberry shortcake. i swear i eat this every day. some days i have so many calories leftover i splurge and have 2 dessert shells.
  • ThatCatholicGirl
    ThatCatholicGirl Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You Americans have the yummiest sounding products EVER!!!!!!!!

Btw, we can't get even half the stuff you mention here in the UK! Jello is sold in a sepciality American candy store and is like £1.80 per pack!! OUCH!!! According to XE that makes a packet of Jello $2.69...

I want to try Vanilla Jello, just not at a stupid price!!!

My sweet treat is a meringue nest with berries and a teaspoon of honey on the top.... nom nom nom!!!
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Don't know if you have Vita Brownies in UK. In USA they are in frozen healthier food section 100 calories each, or 2 weight watchers points, and satisfies y need for chocolate. I microwave it and the chips in become gooey and I enjoy it.

Great post idea too!
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe for oatmeal cookies that are made with bananas and oatmeal. I add dried cranberries, almonds and some cinnamon for added flavor and protein. Its one cup of oatmeal and 2 bananas. You mash the bananas and add the oatmeal. I chop 1/4 cup of cranberries and 1/4 cup (about 25) roasted almonds then add them and about 1/2 tsb of cinnamon. Grease a cookies sheet and preheat the oven to 350. Drop by spoonful onto the cookie sheet and then press them flat. Cook for 20-25 minutes until light brown. It makes about 12 cookies and it's only 200 calories for 4! Enough to snack on for 3 days. Quick easy and nothing but healthy!
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    not sure why a cup measure is so confusing to you, they do have them in the UK, even though most recipes do not use them!
    Try M&S.

otherwise, a standard CUP is just under 250ml.
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you have a food processor....

Slice 2 / 3 ripe bananas into coins. Freeze.

When you're ready to eat it, put the frozen pieces in fp bowl with 1/2 vanilla extract, a dollop of plain yogurt, 1 tbsp maple (or golden, same cals) and blitz til smooth. It's like REALLY GOOD banana ice cream.
    This amount serves 2. There are many variations - like adding cocoa or peanut butter.

I think it has to be a food processor rather than a blender. But it's so good, it's worth buying a food processor for. Honestly.

The amounts about would be about 140 cals. You could leave out the syrup or replace with splenda, but maple adds a good flavour.
  • jumpingsparrow
    Options
    Chocolate Chocolate Chip Yogurt Dip

1c Greek yogurt
    2-4T unsweetened cocoa powder [depending on how rich you want it]
    1T maple syrup or honey
    1/4t vanilla extract
    3T dark chocolate chips

Mix ingredients together until there are no lumps from the cocoa powder and add more maple syrup/honey if desired.
    Chill covered in the fridge. Top with chocolate chips.

from http://www.edibleperspective.com/home/2012/2/1/3-greek-yogurt-dips-done-in-10.html
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    mash some fresh berries in greek yogurt and freeze!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    A few ideas:
    frozen banana "ice cream" as posted above, except I make it with peeled, sliced fozen bananas, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1 tablespoon hot chocolate powder.... YUM! Peanut butter chocolate "ice cream." Awesome in the summer! You can flavor the banana any way you wish, but that is my family's favorite.

Also, my family loves cottage cheese pudding. Throw a tub of cottage cheese into a food processor with honey (or sweetener of your choice) and flavorings (cocoa powder- unsweetened, cinnamon, vanilla extract, almond extractetc.) and blend. Top with diced apple or a fruit that goes with your flavor. Slightly tangy, sweet, yummy. Best part is you control the flavor and the sweetness.....

I will also take some vanilla yogurt (big tub) and blend it in the food processor with some peaches (I can, or two cups frozen- slightly thawed) and then throw it in our ice cream maker--- peach fro yo in about 20 minutes.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    how about a nice herbal fruit decaf tea with a touch of honey? or some fresh berries?
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I find that pineapple is so sweet its better than candy. But if thats too boring, get some plain greek yogurt, add some stevia and vanilla extract. So yummy!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I go for single serving desserts. My favorites are:

cocoa roast almonds (sometimes with berries)
    strawberries dipped in a little Nutella or other chocolate
    Peanut butter mixed with a little maple syrup - plain, or sometimes on bread or mixed with dry oats (depending on how hungry I am)
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Peel an apple, slice, sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. Add a bit of butter or oatmeal to this if you want. Bake at 350; Frozen Grapes; Fudgicles, the sugar free variety, around 40 cal.; Dip banana pieces in melted chocolate, and then roll in coconut and freeze, or put a dab of peanut butter on the sliced banana, drizzle in chocolate, and freeze. Graham crackers with a little Nutella. Fiber One bars have lots of flavors and are around 90 cal.; A small bowl of any lo cal cereal with 40 cal., unsweetened Almond Milk; If you really have no calories left, I like the gum that is flavored as a variety of desserts. There's apple pie, mint chocolate chip ice cream, rootbeer float, and others. Great thread idea!
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    berries with a drizzle of chocolate syrup
  • Spamcat
    Spamcat Posts: 45
    Options
    bump