So much sugar in fruits

2»

Replies

• bazzawood30
    bazzawood30 Posts: 45 Member
    I ignore sugar from fruits as its low gi, I only pay attention to refined sugars. The onle exception to this rule is dried fruit as the sugars are more concentrated. Create your own foods for fruits without the sugars listed then your only tracking refined added sugar.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523 Member
    I think the different with teh fructose in fruit is that fruit contains a lot of fibre which allows your body to digest it unlike Corn Syrup in fizzy drinks etc
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    The only fruits I'll eat are raspberries, rhubarb, blackberries, and sometimes strawberries.
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Fructose = Good.

Sucrose = Bad.

Lactose = ???
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Fructose = Good.

Sucrose = Bad.

Lactose = ???

one word. quantify.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    What about Mentos?
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523 Member
    Fructose - good in fruit, bad in Corn Syrup
  • Olive_Green
    Olive_Green Posts: 12 Member
    I am finding that I am over on sugar everyday too, and almost all of it is coming from fruit. I usually get someone where between 2-3 servings a day. Generally a small banana with breakfast, an apple as part of an afternoon snack and sometimes an orange with lunch.

I don't feel like I'm over-doing it, so I've decided to ignore it for the time being. Realistically, I know that I can't even pretend to entertain the idea of a life-long diet without fruit, so I am just going to have to make it work.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Fruit sugar is FINE and isn't an issue, because it's bound to fiber, and thus doesn't spike blood sugar in the same way as refined sugar. Eat as much fruit as you want.

within reason.