Your BMI %

Options
Hey everyone!

So most of us are here to lose some weight and live healthier lives. While I love seeing the number on the scale going down, that isn't the only one that counts! I take my measurements regularly too. But my FAVORITE thing to check is my BMI.

So far I have gone down 3.4% in BMI with only an 18lb weight loss. :)

If you haven't done so before go check your progress... (Its under "apps"). Check your BMI now, then go back and check you original.. I am always amazed by the steady decline whenever I lose another pound, or even just a half a pound!

You may have lost more than you thought!

Replies

• bashycat14
    Options
    Holy Moly I have gone from 34.4 to 31.1 with a 20lb weight loss! I am only 1.1 from getting out of the obese range...can't wait till I am in normal tho :)
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    32.8 to 26.6 since early Jan. BMI is pretty inaccurate, but it is nice to see it go down.
  • StarKimmy
    StarKimmy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started at 29.0 in November and now I'm already down to 23.6 :)
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    To be honest, that was the final kicker to get me going on weight loss. I knew my BMI was way up there (in my mind), but when the doctor showed me the number...YIKES. So far I've gone from 35.7 to 26.4...and I've tracked that along with the pounds. Even made a BMI graph that I added to every 2 weeks for additional visual incentive.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    This is interesting. Never thought of comparing this before.

I started at 197lbs, so a BMI of 33.8 (OUCH! I never knew how fat I got! In the obese range.....!) I am currently 151.8lbs and now have a BMI of 26.1. 1.1 until I'm in the healthy range! Hooray! I have lost 45lbs :)
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    Since September my BMI went from 38.6 to 28.3
  • VISCIENTIST
    Options
    Although it is good to know your BMI. Your body percent fat is a better number. According to my BMI I am obese but I am in a healthy body percent fat range.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I started at 32.8 in January 2012 and am now at 24.2! :happy:
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Started at 26.4 (overweight), am now at 23.4 (healthy) after 14 weeks and 20 pounds!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Started at 30.47 (obese) and now at 23.21 (normal)
  • kaybelieve
    kaybelieve Posts: 118
    Options
    Started at 29.5 (over)
    Currently at 27.1 (over)

Not as big of a change as I'd like to see but this journey's not over, so still got a lot to go :yawn: :smile:
  • fabulara
    fabulara Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This is really helpful. With a BMI of 36.3, I have a looooooooooong way to go, but it is good to have the facts. Good too to have the target weight range, although it is pretty broad. Still, it gives me a numerical goal--one that is too far away. I'll be thinking about some intermediate goals. Thank you very much for this post.
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    At the end of August '12 my BMI was 37.4(!!!). That was two weeks before I started working out regularly. My latest weigh-in was a week ago and my BMI was 32.2. I've lost about 15kg (33lbs) since 27.8.2012.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    BMI start at 313# - 57.2, class 3 obese
    BMI current at 207.2# - 39.7, class 2 obese

Down 17.5
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Wow - I went from a 36 to a 22.9 BMI. I never even thought to look at that number because the BMI chart always made me mad. :wink:
  • pinupkitt3n
    Options
    Well I just started MFP so I'm not sure what it was, but it says 21%. My scale at home says 26%, but it's an older scale so I'm not sure how accurate it is. Either way, good to know! Thanks for the tip!
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Currently BMI is 28.5 and I'm weighing 228lb :happy:
  • Ag830
    Ag830 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bmi is 29 and yes it's pretty inaccurate.... I don't think I was at obese prior to that but if the chart says so :)
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    32.1 in February, (Obese!) to 29.6, so now I'm just fat :tongue:

I reckon my BMI is reasonably accurate as I'm under no illusions all this extra weight is muscle :bigsmile:
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    32.8 to 26.6 since early Jan. BMI is pretty inaccurate, but it is nice to see it go down.
    This
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!