Daily NON-SCALE Victories!!

I've recently made a habit of thinking about what I did that I was proud of on a day to day basis. It doesn't matter how big or small, and it doesn't matter if everything else felt like a giant fail.

I'll start off with a recap on my weekend!

FRIDAY: I slipped up and had a beer (trying to be gluten free) - but I only had one, and spent the rest of the evening keeping to my healthy eating. I also realized it's not work the stomach problems.
SATURDAY: Went to a fitness class with my boyfriend, made it the whole way through!
SUNDAY - resisted the mini donuts during brunch, and chose a gluten free option
MONDAY - Left the grocery store without rationalizing a dark chocolate bar (but NSV!)

See, it's easy! Now you try!

Replies

• KassLamb
    KassLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Friday: Pushed through 45 minutes on the elliptical harder than ever before.
    Saturday: measured and saw that I had lost half an inch in one week. Better yet, I've helped my cousin lose 2 inches in the same week.
    Sunday: Bought a heart rate monitor to help me better track my calories and find the heart rate I workout best at.
    Monday: I was tired from work, but made myself do circuit training, even though I really didn't feel like it.
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Today I drank a lot of water, and did not have any coffee.
  • laxbballmom
    laxbballmom Posts: 11 Member
    Today I had supper with a friend and I got the regular size quizno sub instead of the large. Probably should have gotten the small but small victories. I also came home and did an hour on the elliptical which I had promised myself this morning when I was "too tired" to get out of bed and do it before work.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to remember the small victories!
  • badtastebetty
    Today I had supper with a friend and I got the regular size quizno sub instead of the large. Probably should have gotten the small but small victories. I also came home and did an hour on the elliptical which I had promised myself this morning when I was "too tired" to get out of bed and do it before work.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to remember the small victories!

No problem! Especially when eating out, portion control is one of my weaknesses. Good work!
  • KassLamb
    KassLamb Posts: 98 Member
    I went out to eat tonight, and although I did go over my calorie goal today, I managed to resist the delicious, fresh, fluffy, made-right-before-your-eyes flour tortillas. Not even 1 of them.
  • Olive_Green
    Olive_Green Posts: 12 Member
    This morning as I was absent-mindly trying to belt my jacket I was having trouble. I eventually looked down and realized I had pulled the belt WAY past where the actually belt holes were. I remember a time when I could barely button this same jacket.
  • I went out to eat tonight, and although I did go over my calorie goal today, I managed to resist the delicious, fresh, fluffy, made-right-before-your-eyes flour tortillas. Not even 1 of them.

NOW that would be HUGE VICTORY for me! Good work!
  • elsbbels
    elsbbels Posts: 190 Member
    I lost 4 inches off my hips in my first week, 1 inch from either arm and 1 inch from my waist, I am smiling from ear to ear today :D!!!
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    sunday - I ran a 5k (just on my own) and beat my own time and ran the whole thing
    monday - pushed through 2 workouts when i was only planning one
    tuesday - wore a pair of jeans and although tight, I tried to wear them a week ago and they were too tight to wear

YAY!!!!
  • mfrey2012
    mfrey2012 Posts: 52 Member
    1) Getting to the gym a FIRM 3 days week

2) I had hubby HIDE my Scale and Im only ALLOWED to take it out on Weigh in day

3) Clothes are FINALLY fitting better - though the scale is NOT moving - so I bought a Fat Meter Reader - last month was 28% just about ready for that check in
  • misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    I :heart: NSV's

Sunday: Tried a bunch of (new-to-me) protein rich foods (greek yogurt, quest bar, protein powder) and actually liked them.
    Monday: Deadlifted 165lbs 1RM and bench pressed 85lbs 1RM
    Tuesday: Resisted a second (massive) taco at dinner and made a little taco salad instead to fill me up, keeping me under my calorie goal
  • kaitlink9
    kaitlink9 Posts: 27 Member
    Went shopping last night to buy a new pair of jeans. Went to try on the 26" waist (like I usually do) and couldn't get them past my now fairly muscular thighs and butt. Had to buy a pair that are a 28" waist and are HUGE, but fit my thighs and butt.
    I can safely say I've never had that problem before. Yay squats <3
  • badtastebetty
    1) Getting to the gym a FIRM 3 days week

2) I had hubby HIDE my Scale and Im only ALLOWED to take it out on Weigh in day

3) Clothes are FINALLY fitting better - though the scale is NOT moving - so I bought a Fat Meter Reader - last month was 28% just about ready for that check in

Good for you. I has to stop weighing myself constantly and it's helping a lot.
  • Hmm, let's see..

Sunday - Only had 2 sandwiches rather than 4 for lunch to save calories for the massive dinner my Mother-in-Law was preparing.

Monday - had to buy lunch rather than bring my own to work - instead of going for a 12" Subway or McDs, decided to have a baked potato + tuna.

Tuesday - Committed myself to a 5K race in July (I know I've not actually ran it yet, but even signing up for + making the commitment is a victory for me - I usually manage to talk myself out of these things and convince myself I'll fail/give up before the date rolls around)

Wednesday - Went out for a morning run, despite the plethora of excuses I tried to give myself for not going out (It's too cold, running gear needs washing, not uploaded the 'right' playlist to my phone, I'll be late for work, the sky might fall down...)

I really like the idea of logging daily NSVs. It helps to be able to see the good little changes that you otherwise mightn't notice. Even on really "bad" days I'm sure there are little victories to be had and celebrated - which will help with trying not to derail completely if I go slightly off-track.
  • badtastebetty
    Yesterday I splurged, and went well over 2000 calories. I also increased my calorie goals from as I was losing weight too quickly, and feeling very tired.

Despite going wild yesterday (cocktails, and yam fries with my buds), I'm back on the saddle today!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!