Any Pre-recorders out there?

Options
Does anyone else like to enter their food and exercises ahead of time? It keeps me on course a little better? Plus I'm addicted.:happy:

Replies

• Eyesblu
    Eyesblu Posts: 60
    Options
    Yep..just to save some time for the next day I will make my lunch and breakfast that I'm taking to work with me and then log everything for the next day up until dinner, that's usually not so planned out. As for exercises sometimes I do..kinda keeps me accountable for that day.
  • deecapuano
    deecapuano Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time with my food entries. This allows me to see if I have the calories to spare for a craving when then strike. If I don't have the calories I wrestle the craving down to the ground. If I have the calories I will assess if I really want to cave to the crave! It also keeps me on track for meal planning for the day. I don't pre-record my exercise but I also do not eat my exercise calories.
  • Dangerkitty79
    Dangerkitty79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes when I don't feel like working out and I know I won't I log it in so that I have to do it and I do. Works for me!
  • cdswicky
    cdswicky Posts: 43
    Options
    Thanks for all of your comments. I'm relatively new to MFP and like I said in my original post, I love it. I've also met with a dietician and I'm not trying to criticize or anything, because I believe we are all on our own weight journey, but I did want to mention that the dietician recommended incorporating some callories back into your daily allowance even if you're trying to lose.

I myself am trying to maintain and keep a healthy relationship with food, so I eat most of my exercise calories back. Everyone's body is different, but if you are exercising hardcore, you may want to research adding at least some of your burned calories back in. Once again, I'm not trying to be annoying, I would just hate for someone to get discouraged for not losing enough weight, just due to not eating enough calories. The dietician also said that it's very hard for dieters to get accustomed to eating more healthier foods on intense workout days. It's been very hard for me, because I've been a chronic calorie counter off and on for over 15 years.

Good luck to all of you and again thanks for chit chatting. Promise I'm not a preachy kind of person.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    YES -- I just did it, actually. I think it is a huge help to be able to test out combinations and plan ahead.
  • davidwgold
    Options
    I log my breakfast, lunch and dinner for the week in one go, mainly because I have a meal plan and I know what I'll be having each day, however I make sure I leave room fro snacks and any extras so small things I will add as I have them
  • cdswicky
    Options
    Way to go on your 8i lbs lost. You are doing an awesome job! Keep up the good work.
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Always! I usually only plan out 1 day in advance. And I try to leave a little room for unplanned snacks, so that way if my day doesn't go perfectly I'm not messing up my calories completely. I don't pre-log my work outs though, I log those as I complete them. Otherwise I feel guilty when friends start congradulating me on work I haven't done yet, lol
  • cdswicky
    Options
    Good point about not prerecording your workouts. I don't like it when I am congratulated before I finish them, but in a way it forces me to make sure I do what I say I'm going to do.

Peace People.

:)
  • Jabreu67
    Jabreu67 Posts: 1
    Options
    That's a good idea. I think I will start doing that.