Body media accuracy

Options
Hi all
Do you all feel like your body media is accurate? Most days I do, but today says I burned 962 exercise calories. I did a kick boxing class for 45 minutes and then ran/walked a mile ( I am really slow). The rest of the day I worked (office job, up and down but mainly sitting).
I can't ever get to net my BMR as I am getting so many exercise classes and thus, not getting scale results!!

Replies

• vicky_b329
    Options
    I've been wondering if my BMF was accurate lately. I honestly don't know! Sometimes it'll give readings I think are a little nuts. Sometimes it matches what the treadmill/elliptical readout says. I definitely trust it more than MFP when it comes to things like walking my dog or playing soccer in the park. All-in-all, I'd say I think it's fairly accurate because I have been losing weight. I'd just be interested to know what the margin of error is.
  • Cincypsych
    Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Today I did a 3mile walk and a 15 minute video that included push ups, squats, etc. when I synced, it ave me 574 calories. Seems high to me!
  • karaks
    karaks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have always thought that my armband results were too high. I didn't see how I could possibly be burning that many calories. But I recently had my RMR/BMR tested and the BMF armband is right on the money. However, I'm not a big fan of the way it syncs with MFP. It makes sense I guess, but the way it's set up makes it very difficult to understand sometimes. MFP is wayyy better with the food database, so I let it sync and when I want to see the stats, I look at the BMF dashboard.
  • Cincypsych
    Options
    Thanks Karan's, this is good to know. I also am a little confused about the syncing some. I log food in MFP and then sync for exercise at the end of the day. Sometimes it is late though, on Sunday I synced at 9 pm and to be good at my net, I needed to eat 500 more calories!!
  • AmberDawn930
    AmberDawn930 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i have the band as well and what i've learned or at least the way i look at it (i think i'm right but not sure) is i have my band synced with MFP. my calories burned in the morning are typically around 500ish. keep in mind i think some of these are the calories you burn from sleeping. also if you have your band synced then you will not need to imput your excerise totals into MFP b/c your armband should adjust so if you do that you're logging twice basically. i know this probably doesn't really answer your question but thats what i've found. hope it helps. :-)
  • fadedimage
    fadedimage Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's definitely accurate for me. I compared it side by side with the FitBit and the FitBit was terrible.

For example, I was at the gym riding the bike. I know how many calories I typically burn and that's in tune with what the equipment said and BodyMedia. FitBit said I burned 1/3 of those calories so I knew it wasn't accurate at all.

You have to remember too that it's counted calories burned as you're sitting down watching TV. While you're only burning something like a calorie per every few minutes, those count and that is what BodyMedia is tracking too.

Edit: bubbles93086 basically summed up what I said too :)
  • Cincypsych
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's input. My BM says I burn 2200 average per day and intake 1600 per day. Yet no weight loss
    Thoughts anyone.?