exercise @ home

Options
2»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I do Ultimate Sandbag workouts. They have a youtube channel. Once you get the gist of it though you can put together your own pretty easily.

Another vote for the sandbag training. Inexpensive, can be done in your living room, backyard, or park, can strength train and do cardio work at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1mx-9mI48s
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    Some of the DVDs I use the walk away the pounds series like another poster said Leslie Sansone has dvds that has 1-5 miles and you can mix some use toning bands, and resistance boosters. I have walk and jog and walk and kick, power walk uses weights, 1 muscle mile uses weights. I do taebo, Jillian Michaels, the biggest loser power walk I just started doing hip hop abs and the kettleworx dvds. I have the barefoot cardio. Jillian Michael and Bob Harper Kettlebell workouts. Core Transformer 3D 1,000 Calorie Burn DVD Kit - Linda LaRue is pretty good to.
  • MaybeAMonkey
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred is a great place for beginners to start, that's where I started and it worked really well for me. There are lots of free videos on YouTube as well.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    bump for info
  • michele0101
    Options
    I always go back to Leslie Sanson's Walk Away the Pounds videos. There are no tricky moves to learn and you can make the workout as easy or as hard as you want. One mile to five miles - you choose. I love these!!
  • meadowsmummy
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam. It is easy as a beginner to use and it shows easier ways to do most of the steps that still burn calories. All the people in the videos are Turbo Jam Success stories.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My absolute all time favorite is Urban Striptease Aerobics. It will make you feel absolutely ridiculous but you will sweat and you will laugh the whole time - not only at yourself for doing it but also at the people on the video itself. :laugh:
  • LittleDaisyWaisy
    Options
    Thanks to all who posted a reply.. I have 3 Jillian Micheals dvds and also have a davina so this makes me happy that they were mentioned ;)

I have heard of insanity also so may give that a go when I master JMs ;)

Thanks again for your posts.. Lots to consider when i'm bored.

Good Luck everyone

;)
  • LittleDaisyWaisy
    Options
    My absolute all time favorite is Urban Striptease Aerobics. It will make you feel absolutely ridiculous but you will sweat and you will laugh the whole time - not only at yourself for doing it but also at the people on the video itself. :laugh:

Must give this a go Lol..
    Cute profile pic :)
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I picked up a bunch of Beachbody DVDs at some yard sales and on Craigslist-ings, pretty much for pennies on the dollar. Insanity, P90X, Chalean Extreme, etc. Not a bad haul for like 250 bones.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I like the Biggest Loser, the Firm and Turbo Jam. The Firm has one that is a combination of cardio and weights. I get a really good work out from it. Go to your local library and see what they have. That way you can try them out and see if you like them.
  • victoria090
    victoria090 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels!! Just tweak them a little bit to get even better results! Do the 30 Day Shred as directed for 30 days...then continue on for another 30 days but with heavier weights (so a total of 60) and if you have time...do her Ripped in 30 as well...m\
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    bump for later-need some ideas as well!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I have a few that I use in my rotation. I have the original P90 (I'm working my way up to P90X!), 30 Day Shred, and a couple of dvd's by The Firm. The Firm's are my favorites... they're fun and fast workt outs that combine cardio and strength/sculpting.
  • LittleDaisyWaisy
    Options
    Jillian Michaels!! Just tweak them a little bit to get even better results! Do the 30 Day Shred as directed for 30 days...then continue on for another 30 days but with heavier weights (so a total of 60) and if you have time...do her Ripped in 30 as well...m\

Thanks.. Will do ;)
  • LittleDaisyWaisy
    Options
    I have a few that I use in my rotation. I have the original P90 (I'm working my way up to P90X!), 30 Day Shred, and a couple of dvd's by The Firm. The Firm's are my favorites... they're fun and fast workt outs that combine cardio and strength/sculpting.

Thanks

Will check out the firm as heard of em... Gosh il have a body to die for @ this rate haha
  • Ms921
    Ms921 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam & Turbo fire its sort of a combination of cardio style kickboxing. Chalene Johnson is the best. A combination of those and ZUMBA and p90 helped me loss alot of weight at home since i too hate going to the gym
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thank you for info...