Planning ahead...

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthyinAZ
    HealthyinAZ Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yep - I always plan my day ahead of time to be sure everything is where it should be. Keeps me from cheating
  • michele0101
    Options
    I log everything I'm going to eat in the morning and leave a small amount of calories to "play" with. Then at night, I can add in a few sugar free popsickles if I want them! I also cut my sandwiches into halves and put each half in a separate zip lock bags. I can't tell you how much this has helped me!!
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm a planner too, Amelia. I have a spreadsheet of my snacks. LOL How geeky is that? *blushes*

But I also try to practice intuitive eating. So my planning is along the lines of buying/shopping/ordering for the week so I have lots of healthy choices. I have certain foods that I eat for snacks, so I portion them out into little baggies.

I don't often log a whole day or week in advance. But if I know I have some fish to eat up for example, that is high fat/calories, I might plug it in dinner so that I can then see what I have left for lunch. Also, if I will be going to a restaurant, I try to look up the nutritional information on their website ahead of time and plug in my order into MFP so I can make tweaks and feel confident about ordering when I go.