WHATS YOUR #'S IN SQUATS

Options
xALEXANDROx
xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
just wondering what are some of your numbers .mine is 225 lbs squats on the smith machine.5x5

done this since monday .and today .(beginner):smile:

Replies

• Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    90lbs 5x5...squat rack
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Body weight: 109 lbs
    Squat weight: 125 lbs, squat rack, 5x5

I plan on increasing to 130 lbs during my Friday session.
  • xALEXANDROx
    Options
    is the squat rack harder?
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    150 lbs squat rack first time last night on my final set. I do 3 sets x 12 reps.

Body weight 144 lbs.

Karen
  • xALEXANDROx
    Options
    150 lbs squat rack first time last night on my final set. I do 3 sets x 12 reps.

Body weight 144 lbs.

Karen

i got friends who bring it .
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options

the squat rack isn't a pulley system, so the barbell is free and you are having to use all the muscles to stabilize etc. Better workout. I started with the Smith Machine and built up confidence and worked on from there. With the smith machine I assume the bar weight is 10-15lbs...the oly bar is 45lbs..so you have to adjust your weights accordingly of course. I prefer the squat rack...had to use the smith machine last night because the dudes were hogging it.
  • xALEXANDROx
    Options

the squat rack isn't a pulley system, so the barbell is free and you are having to use all the muscles to stabilize etc. Better workout. I started with the Smith Machine and built up confidence and worked on from there. With the smith machine I assume the bar weight is 10-15lbs...the oly bar is 45lbs..so you have to adjust your weights accordingly of course. I prefer the squat rack...had to use the smith machine last night because the dudes were hogging it.

i will eventually will have to work myself up to the squat rack then ..i want to be able to perform it with proper form etc.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

i will eventually will have to work myself up to the squat rack then ..i want to be able to perform it with proper form etc.

When you do switch you need to take a bunch of weight of because by using the smith machine you're not exercising a lot of muscles that you would be with free weights. Trying to lift what you're doing now straight into free weights would be too much and possibly get you hurt. I would ditch the smith machine and start really light with the free weights to work on form you'll be much better off in the long run.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    tested 1RM: 350 lbs
    last working set: 312.5 x 4

@ 165-167lbs bw
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    tested 1RM: 350 lbs
    last working set: 312.5 x 4

Jealous taso, ill get there one day. Well hopefully further because I have like 60 lbs on you

Squat 230 5x5

Body weight 220
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I usually do a few reps at 405.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Last successful 1 rep max: 465.

Last working set. 405 x something. Maybe 5 or 8 reps.

This was like 2 years ago, BW then was maybe 185 or lower....I stopped squatting :smokin:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

When you do switch you need to take a bunch of weight of because by using the smith machine you're not exercising a lot of muscles that you would be with free weights. Trying to lift what you're doing now straight into free weights would be too much and possibly get you hurt. I would ditch the smith machine and start really light with the free weights to work on form you'll be much better off in the long run.
    This
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bw 135 lbs
    squat 135 lbs 5x5

Going for 140lbs todAY
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Working in the high 2's and low 3's right now to improve my form. Highest 1 rep max executed was 405, that was about 6 months ago.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't have a squat rack, so I do barbell hack squats. Highest was 160# for 5x5, at the body weight of 132.
  • cljabusc
    cljabusc Posts: 48
    Options
    33lb squat rack, added 80lbs, 4 sets, 8 reps
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    BB back squat 220lb @ 150lb.
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Squat rack: 3 sets 10x105 lbs
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Using the Smith Machine makes the whole lift a huge amount easier in my opinion, it's a LOT harder using a barbell in the squat rack. Try to move onto the squat rack, it's a more natural movement unlike the squatting in the Smith. My max squat presently is 170 lbs, 3 reps.