People on these forums can be quite cruel.

Options

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I've read some of the replies to your other post and they're not cruel. They are trying to offer you solid advice but you're ignoring their request for more information. You're playing the pity-party game. Stop acting immature. If you really want us to help you:

Provide age, height, current weight, goal weight.
    What is your BMR? To find the calculator, click on the Apps tab, scroll down and find it on the right hand side of screen.
    What is your BMI? You can find it by doing the same as above.

What did you choose as your weekly weight loss goal?
    What is your occupation? What did you choose for your activity setting?
    If you forgot, find both my clicking on Settings at the very top, click Update diet/fitness profile.

Do you log everything that goes into your mouth including all beverages and things used to cook with (oils, butter, etc)?
    Do you use a digital food scale to weigh everything in grams? Most people drastically underestimate food portions. Best <$20 investment you can make.
    Do you log your dedicated workouts and eat back your extra earned calories?

You will find terrific support here on MFP if you provide us with enough information to offer advice.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Carbs and processed foods aren't going to interfere with weight loss, however, a possible gluten allergy can't be completely ruled out. Either way, if someone says that you are having trouble losing because you ate a doughnut or drank a beer, you should ignore that fool because they are talking out the otherside of their *kitten*.

Wow UsedtobeHusky,
    didn't know people were fools for making suggestions... looks like you're the bully on the forums.

I only said this out of experience.. when I was going down to 140 from 150lbs I couldn't eat a donut 5x a week and not have it affect my weight loss.. and that is with an hour of intense activity everyday... SOME people are affected by junk food / booze etc

no need for name calling

You are more than welcome to use the 'ignore' feature for my profile. I know I will be with yours.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    /thread op deactivated account
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    more ignorant than cruel..for sure.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary, and hey I'm not one to judge, but donuts everyday or beer or pretzels probably will slow down your progress. Perhaps its the quality of food you eat, so many processed things, and very carb heavy. Maybe switch it up with more protein, consistent meals and healthy snacks.. sometimes even if you are staying under your calories, the quality of those calories really make a difference. I found this to be true when I was trying to lose the last 10 lbs. I don't know what kind of workouts you do, but it they are hardcore, you def can have more protein. But if it was me, I def would cut out the sweets/junk/booze first.. or limit to 1x a week

best of luck hope you meet your goal :)

This week has literally been out of character for me. Usually I avoid those foods like the bloody plague. -.-
    I avoid processed foods and heavy carbs.

you can't do this halfway. you have to commit to it. forget all of the people telling you what you CANNOT eat. no food is off limits unless you make it off limits.

however, if you are not logging every day or not logging accurately or honestly, there's nothing any of us can do to help you. logging is the 1st step. you have to be accurate with it.

after that, you need to know if you have some sort of medical condition. if you don't, and you are logging accurately, then the only other explanations that can explain the slow loss over 10 months are that your TDEE/BMR calculations are wrong and you're simply eating more than you should, or you are eating much less than you should and have been over a period of time (or have a history of yo-yo dieting) and you've negatively affected your metabolism (basically slowed it down). if you're eating too much, then you need to recalculate your TDEE numbers. if you're eating too little, you may need to eat at TDEE for a while to get your hormonal levels back closer to normal.

in any event, these public forums are not the best place to get questions like yours answered. try the Eat, Train, Progress group. the people there are more knowledgeable about this stuff than the typical poster on the public forums. read everything there, including the sticky post listing all of the important threads to read. then ask them your question and see if they can provide any insight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress

however, if your logging has only been so-so, change that now. today. the information is for your benefit so cheating with your logging is only cheating yourself.

the medical question is one that hopefully you can get resolved soon. let's hope it's nothing medical. if it's not, then you need to verify your TDEE/BMR numbers and goal settings.
  • balancedfire
    balancedfire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Be proud of that 10 lb. weight loss, and keep up the good fight! I have been discouraged many times myself. I almost broke down and took down a luscious-looking piece of chocolate cheesecake last night until I realized that I would have to account for the calories on MFP! I was sad at the time, but I am glad that I didn't do it now. Weight loss is one thing, but then you need to consider the health benefits of changing your diet. While that chocolate cheesecake would have given me instant gratification, my butt would've jiggled for a week (even more that it already does) if I had given in. It offered me no nutritional benefit. I haven't lost the weight that I want to (yet), but I am going to keep trying, and I encourage you to do the same. Forget about the negative people and their crappy comments. This is not about them, it is about you, and you are worth it!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    WHO THE HECK ARE YOU ALL TALKING TOO???

OP DEACTIVATED HER ACCOUNT>> NO MORE MFP MEMBER..

We're "conversating" with one another. There are many more people who will see this thread than just the OP, people who might be helped. Like Sam in Quantum Leap, these poor lost souls are doomed to leap from diet to diet, until one day - if they're lucky - they'll make the leap to fitness. FLOWER FOR YOU!

With love,
    Burt
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    She has deactivated.

I think that was probably a good idea. She needed us to help her calm down. She's flipping out. All the nitpicking criticism was making her feel desperate and hopeless and she just needed encouragement and support. She just needed somebody to talk her down from the ledge.

She's not going to get that here. She's just going to keep getting the nitpicking and criticism.

Am I the only one who sees this?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    WHO THE HECK ARE YOU ALL TALKING TOO???

OP DEACTIVATED HER ACCOUNT>> NO MORE MFP MEMBER..

MMMK THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

SEE YOU IN ANOTHER THREAD.

BYE!
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people who has to eat "right" to lose weight. I disagree with those who say that carbs and processed foods don't matter. To me, they absolutely do. If you are insulin sensitive or resistant, carbs/sugars will spike your insulin making it nearly impossible to lose fat.

You also have a small amount to lose, which, unfortunately, can go excruciatingly slow. I echo the others that say you might try upping the protein and lowering carbs. The carbs you choose should be whole wheat/whole grain as the first ingredient and I'd try to limit those as well.

Also, there are people on this board that say you can eat whenever and it won't be a problem. I disagree with that as well. I find eating less at night and not eating too many carbs can be helpful for weight loss.

You say this week may be out of the ordinary - ok, that might be true, but these sorts of "bad" weeks can hinder weight loss. Be open to trying new things - you might find something that works for you!

It is good you are getting professional help on this issue - just remember, that sometimes even the professionals don't know everything. I've had personal experience with this issue as well.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    She has deactivated.

I think that was probably a good idea. She needed us to help her calm down. She's flipping out. All the nitpicking criticism was making her feel desperate and hopeless and she just needed encouragement and support. She just needed somebody to talk her down from the ledge.

She's not going to get that here. She's just going to keep getting the nitpicking and criticism.

Am I the only one who sees this?

You're not the only one... I love talking to people on the edge. I'm so supportive that I give them that extra little push, right off of it.
  • tnwebb611
    Options
    Did you look at her logs? Did you look at the other post? The OP wasn't helping people help her. She was flounced, what she wanted was petting and praise, but she got true answers.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    She has deactivated.

Too bad.. A little actual research would have solved her issue.

She'll be back in May when she's put the 10 pounds back on.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Yes, any time that someone says "Help me! But don't criticize my poor choices!" They are going no where fast.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    She has deactivated.

I miss her already.
  • lalarox
    lalarox Posts: 37
    Options
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the OP deactivated.

Best wishes OP, may you find a star ship from whence to steer your "I HATE U ALL SO MUCH" ship from.

^^^ love this..:laugh:

I don't know you but I think I love you. lol
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    She has deactivated.

I miss her already.

this place just won't be the same. :frown:
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Yes, any time that someone says "Help me! But don't criticize my poor choices!" They are going no where fast.

Yep. I think a lack of self criticism and the ability to take constructive criticism from others are the biggest reasons people fail to make progress, but meh . . . she quit
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Just checking in, does anyone know if the OP deactivated?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    This is the funniest post on a fitness discussion forum.