WHATS YOUR #'S IN SQUATS

Options

Replies

• _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Weight: 165
    Squat weight: 150

I started squatting in August at 60 lbs. I'm looking to keep upping my numbers.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    tested 1RM: 350 lbs
    last working set: 312.5 x 4

@ 165-167lbs bw

:love:

My ORM tested last was 185 at a BW of 136.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    395x7 reg. squat

315x3 front squat

Another one!!

:love:
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Current weight = 209 lbs

Best Squat = 335 x 7 (squat rack)
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Am at a fierce 45lbs!

Yes, i started this week. However, looking at some of your numbers is inspiring.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Smith Machine is dangerous for squats.

125#
  • whiskeysister510
    whiskeysister510 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just hit 155x4 in my last squat workout (woohoo!) (squat rack). Body weight of 119.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options

When you do switch you need to take a bunch of weight of because by using the smith machine you're not exercising a lot of muscles that you would be with free weights. Trying to lift what you're doing now straight into free weights would be too much and possibly get you hurt. I would ditch the smith machine and start really light with the free weights to work on form you'll be much better off in the long run.

Truth. In college, my one rep max was 605lbs. But to really impress/showoff at the gym, we'd get on the sled (one where you lie on your back and push the weight up a incline with your legs) and do over 1000 lbs.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    meet best 733, current training best is 804.

Dayum brother! :drinker:
  • HealthWoke0ish
    Options
    Just hit 155x4 in my last squat workout (woohoo!) (squat rack). Body weight of 119.
    That's the coolest ink I've seen on this site yet! Nice! :)
  • HealthWoke0ish
    Options

Nice! :)
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hurt my back squatting on the smith (get off the smith) and dropped to 60lb to work on form on the rack. 95lb 5x5 the other day. Will increase today.

Did I mention to stop squatting on the smith?
  • whiskeysister510
    whiskeysister510 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That's the coolest ink I've seen on this site yet! Nice! :)

Thanks! :smile:
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    is the squat rack harder?

the squat rack isn't a pulley system, so the barbell is free and you are having to use all the muscles to stabilize etc. Better workout. I started with the Smith Machine and built up confidence and worked on from there. With the smith machine I assume the bar weight is 10-15lbs...the oly bar is 45lbs..so you have to adjust your weights accordingly of course. I prefer the squat rack...had to use the smith machine last night because the dudes were hogging it.
    i will eventually will have to work myself up to the squat rack then ..i want to be able to perform it with proper form etc.

appreciate the advise .

When you do switch you need to take a bunch of weight of because by using the smith machine you're not exercising a lot of muscles that you would be with free weights. Trying to lift what you're doing now straight into free weights would be too much and possibly get you hurt. I would ditch the smith machine and start really light with the free weights to work on form you'll be much better off in the long run.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

HO.
    LEE.

BW ~~ 160 lbs.

Best 1RM = 240 lbs. as of last week. Felt good, so I might have been able to to a little more, but I couldn't get the 240 up a second time. After I get done with an upcoming crazy work schedule - provided my customer figures out what they're doing - I plan on retrying with either 245 or 250.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Relative beginner at lifting (maybe 3 months or so lifting seriously)

I don't know my 1 rep max

I'm currently doing 84lb for reps, free weights, atg (about 6 is my best so far) - my bodyweight is 130lb so that's not really good (my bodyweight is good, only 84lb for reps isn't, But I didn't have a spotter so I couldn't go to failure. Probably would have failed on 7th or 8th rep though. The online calculator thingy that predicts ORM predicts 99lb. I know I can do way better than this though!! ON with the training....!!! 1st goal: squat bodyweight. Next goal: squat husband's bodyweight.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Bodyweight: 148lbs
    Squat (No rack): 135lbs
    5x5 (5 sets of 5 reps)
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    13kg / 29lbs 2 x 10. :blushing:

but I've only been doing nrol4w since feb and I was a proper noobie with weights. One day I'll be squatting my body weight :happy:
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    dayum you guys are all BAMF!

:flowerforyou:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    is the squat rack harder?

the squat rack isn't a pulley system, so the barbell is free and you are having to use all the muscles to stabilize etc. Better workout. I started with the Smith Machine and built up confidence and worked on from there. With the smith machine I assume the bar weight is 10-15lbs...the oly bar is 45lbs..so you have to adjust your weights accordingly of course. I prefer the squat rack...had to use the smith machine last night because the dudes were hogging it.

My gym does not have squat racks :cry: only 4 of the Smith machines.:grumble: I guess I have to take what I can get. It's better than what I was doing before. haha (nothing)

ETA: That being said, I squat 100 pounds (plus the bar). I'm a newbie.