PB2 Recipes

Options
Does anybody have any delicious PB2 recipes? Or tips on using it. If so, please share! Thanks! :]

Replies

• Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love adding it to my protein shakes and my oatmeal. I also like mixing it with water and dipping apple slices into it. :happy:
  • cortneysmissionpossible
    Options
    thank you :]
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I just posted a recipe using chocolate PB2 & Chia seeds.:smile: You can find it here; http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/922679-chocolate-pb2-chia-pudding-d
  • smileyface1115
    Options
    I just discovered this TODAY!! My goodness is this the single greatest gift to calorie counters or what??!!! I came on here to see if anyone had heard of it and I now see I am the one late to the party. Today I put some on a skinny bagel for lunch and then dipped some apple slices in later on. Simply FANTASTIC!!!!! Seriously thinking of buying this treasure in bulk!
  • joenolte
    joenolte Posts: 11
    Options
    I add it to sugar-free vanilla pudding or yogurt. My wife mixes it and actually uses it as peanut butter, but it's a little thin for my taste. I've also added it to oatmeal and it is yummy!
  • mprat210
    mprat210 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just tried this tonight for the first time and I have to say I am not crazy about it. I ate it on celery. It didn't seem as sweet as regular peanut butter and the consistency is different...not as thick. Can you use it as a peanut butter substitute in recipes?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    there are a ton of posts about PB2, and recipes using it.

I like to mix:
    2 tbsp pb2
    1 tbsp of honey
    1 tbsp strawberry jelly

all together. smear on bread. NOM.

OR... chocolate pb2 + warm oatmeal. Mix, let cool. NOM.

OR... 2 TBSP of chocolate PB2 + banana + vanilla almond milk. Add to a food processor until it's liquid. Pour mixture in ice cube tray... let it freeze... then NOM.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I use it on flatout bread along with sliced strawberries and blueberries with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Roll it up and slice into pinwheels. Love it for a snack and it is really yummy.
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just made PB2 and banana pancakes this morning!

I used Heart Smart Bisquick, but had to alter their recipe a bit so it served 2 people.

1 cup Heart Smart Bisquick (420 cals)
    1/2 cup Silk unsweetened almond milk (15 cals)
    1/4 cup egg substitute (30 cals)
    1 banana, sliced (about 100 cals)
    4 tbsp PB2 (90 cals)
    additional water to thin the mixture

Mix everything except bananas in a bowl, adding water until the desired consistency is reached. Pour into a preheated, greased (or sprayed with cooking spray) pan by 1/4 cup-fulls. I pressed 5 banana slices into the top of each pancake. They got a little caramelized when I flipped them over. YUM.

My batch made 6 pancakes at just over 100 calories apiece. Next time, I'm going to try it with the 30-calorie pancake recipe that's floating around on MFP.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Where do you buy it and in what area?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    whole foods / amazon / health-foodie-places.
  • casiej11
    casiej11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The only place I have found to purchase this in my area (Southeast AL) is at the Army commissary. I know you can purchase it on Amazon in single containers or bulk. Bulk would be the way to go online just because of the shipping cost. The container is like $2.50 at the store but retailers online charge around $3 to ship on top of that. Good luck in finding it locally, it is a gold mine for calorie counting PB fanatics like me!
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I use it with carbquik or almond flour to make pb pancakes, and a lot of times I just mix it with water for pb..
  • Jeepgal2012
    Options
    If you have Kroger grocery stores, they sell it in the organic food section. I love this stuff! I have only used it as a dip for apples. I mix it in with a teaspoon of plain Greek yogurt. sprinkle in just a few mini chocolate chips...omg to die for!
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I add to my Protein Shakes, cake in a mug and add water to it and eat as is! I never would have guessed it so tasty! I'm so done with the usual peanut butter, it's the saving calories that got me interested! One taste and I'm hooked for life :laugh: :happy: :smile:
  • dani127x
    dani127x Posts: 17
    Options

Hey guys! You can also use "Just Great Stuff" Organic powdered peanut butter. Its just like PB2. Not sure if its any more readily available than the other but its another brand to look for (and its organic if you're into that) and nutritionally its comparable. I live in Northern NJ and I get it at The Fresh Market.

Here's the website for it:
    http://www.bettylousinc.com/products_detail.php?id=287&ref=9

Pretty much life saver for a peanut butter -holic like myself :)
  • rsmclaurin
    Options
    Bump, thanks for sharing everyone!
  • filthyfit12
    Options
    Pancakes. Protein shakes. On toast with slices of banana. Drizzled over ice cream (or in protein sludge in my case). Endless possibilities!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    bump - must find this item to buy
  • iamjenae
    iamjenae Posts: 15
    Options
    Kroger sells it!!