Looking for breakfast ideas

Options
Hi everyone!
I would like to ask for new ideas for healthy breakfast, low carbs and high protein if possible but any ideas are welcome really.
And I would like to ask about low carbs protein shakes...would they be good for breakfast on their own,or mixed with something else? I so,what do you mix yours with? Thanks for your answers :)

Replies

• chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My breakfast today. This might be more than you are looking for though?

20130309_153826_zps3ab50a5e.jpg

Wonder +100% 1 slices (79 grams) 95/5
    Walmart - Seasoned Beef Ribeye Cracked Pepper, (146 g) 280/26
    So Good - Soy Milk Fat Free Original, 0.5 cup 35/4
    cytosport muscle mlk - cookies and cream meal replacement, 1 scoops 165/16
    Eggs - Fried (whole egg), 2 large 185/13
    Fruit - Banana Small (6"-7")(101g), 1 Banana 84/1

844/65 Total (Calories/Protein)
    58 Carbs
  • snowflake266
    Options
    I have eggs every morning, or french toast with stawerries on the top,you breakfast actually made me hungry :) I appreciate the help and the ideas,thanks
  • LGNYC139
    LGNYC139 Posts: 3
    Options
    Snowflake - One of the best breakfasts is oatmeal. Try the extra thick oats, add a touch of cinnamon, brown sugar and half a cup of frozen fruit (I rotate amongst raspberries, blueberries and peaches). Oatmeal is LOW on the Glycemic Index so your blood sugar won't spike and it will keep you full for a long time. It has the added benefit of lots of fiber. Good luck.
  • snowflake266
    Options
    I have just realized you had cookies and cream meal replacement! thats awasome, we only have chocolate,strawerries and vanilla flavour ones here :(
  • snowflake266
    Options
    Snowflake - One of the best breakfasts is oatmeal. Try the extra thick oats, add a touch of cinnamon, brown sugar and half a cup of frozen fruit (I rotate amongst raspberries, blueberries and peaches). Oatmeal is LOW on the Glycemic Index so your blood sugar won't spike and it will keep you full for a long time. It has the added benefit of lots of fiber. Good luck.
    Thank you! I used to have it when I was living in England...now I am back to Spain and finding it gets a bit harder and the variety is not very good,but I loved it...they call it porridge,I think its the same thing :)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    ideas:

2 eggs scrambled, topped with 1/2 serving taco meat, 1/2 serving shredded cheese, 1 serving salsa

1 serving old fashioned oatmeal with 1 Tbsp brown sugar and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon -OR- 1 Tbsp honey and 1/4 tsp cinnamon -OR- 1-2 tsp pure maple syrup

1 serving old fashioned oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder in it (can't vouch for this one but I see it on here all the time)

2 hard-boiled eggs, fresh fruit, low or no-fat yogurt (I like greek, I prefer the thick consistency over the slimy, snotty texture of regular)

protein pancakes (use the forum search feature to find recipes)

steak & eggs, just be sure to watch your portion size on the steak

toast with peanut butter, fresh fruit, oatmeal
  • snowflake266
    Options
    ideas:

2 eggs scrambled, topped with 1/2 serving taco meat, 1/2 serving shredded cheese, 1 serving salsa

1 serving old fashioned oatmeal with 1 Tbsp brown sugar and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon -OR- 1 Tbsp honey and 1/4 tsp cinnamon -OR- 1-2 tsp pure maple syrup

1 serving old fashioned oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder in it (can't vouch for this one but I see it on here all the time)

2 hard-boiled eggs, fresh fruit, low or no-fat yogurt (I like greek, I prefer the thick consistency over the slimy, snotty texture of regular)

Thanks for your help! great ideas :wink:
  • southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    ideas:

Thanks for your help! great ideas :wink:

I do the oatmeal and protein powder. It keeps me full and some mornings i can't eat it all.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I made some yummy protein pancakes. Only four ingredients (1 cup oatmeal, 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese, 1 cup egg whites and 1 tsp vanilla). Liquify it in a blender then cook on a griddle. Recipe makes 10 pancakes, each pancake has 89 calories and 7g protein. They have 12g of carbs, but that is from the oatmeal, which is low in the glycemic index.
  • Ralph113
    Ralph113 Posts: 25
    Options
    For breakfast I have been making yogurt smoothies, have to watch the sugars as I do love fruit. I like to make an avacado, banana & strawberry smoothie with spinach, yogurt, almond milk and some ice. SO good but I am going to try that pancake recipe because the thing I love most is pancakes.
  • Ralph113
    Ralph113 Posts: 25
    Options
    Ya those pancakes look good, THANKS!
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Steelcut oatmeal cooked,then mix in one scoop of vanilla whey protien, some coconut milk, and cinnamon, any fruit, and a sprinkle of stevia or agave nectar.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I like to scramble omega eggs with veggies, sometime throw in some other meat. Scramble them with anything: onions, peppers, greens, anything. Season anyway you want, be creative with seasoning.
  • evolutionbyariana
    evolutionbyariana Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through all of the responses so I'm sure there are repeats, but here are my favourite breakfasts (I often have high carb breakfasts because I work out in the morning, but there are some low-carb options there)

eggs/egg whites scrambled with ham and veggies (or made into an omelette if you have the skills, which I usually don't!) served with avocado and sweet potato

protein pancakes

2 ingredient pancakes: mash 1 banana and scrambled in two eggs, cook like a pancake, voila!

rolled or steel cut oats cooked with an apple or pear, you can mix in protein powder for an extra filling breakfast!

poached eggs served on toast or english muffin over shrimp or ham, like a lighter eggs benedict!

a smoothie packed with fruits and veggies and some type of protein powder; I have a vanilla whey that I use for smoothies that are heavy on the fruits, and a natural-flavored vegan powder that I use for green smoothies

You can also think outside the box and eat non-breakfasty things for breakfast! Sometimes I'll have some leftover chicken breast and toast with nut butter, and I loooove having sweet potatoes at breakfast!
  • Pinklantana
    Pinklantana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am trying to do a low-carb higher protein diet. I am finding what works for me is grab and go things. I do buy the atkins shakes and bars for a breakfast replacement, if I don't I might not have had breakfast at all then blow it because I am starved. Also on my days off I will cooked a lot of bacon on a cookie sheet in the oven and put it in a large ziplok so I can just throw a few pieces in the microwave for a few seconds. If I have time to eat in the morning I might fry an egg to have with it, those are very quick to cook. I have seen alot of recipes for "muffins" which are pretty much like mini crustless quiche. Same concept cook ahead of time and reheat for a quick grab and go. I use chives with my foods as well, kinda like having onion without the extra carb. Good luck and God Bless!
  • BorderOrca
    Options
    I like two eggs and half cup of oatmeal with a little fruit (blueberries are best). High protein and filling.
  • meganmarkworth
    Options
    bump
  • filthyfit12
    Options
    Low sodium ezekial bread with PB2..
    Egg white omelette with spinach.
    Green smoothie!
  • tracygolden
    tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I made some yummy protein pancakes. Only four ingredients (1 cup oatmeal, 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese, 1 cup egg whites and 1 tsp vanilla). Liquify it in a blender then cook on a griddle. Recipe makes 10 pancakes, each pancake has 89 calories and 7g protein. They have 12g of carbs, but that is from the oatmeal, which is low in the glycemic index.

Haven't tried this but copied it so I can....thanks!