ankle pants

Options

Replies

• jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I' 5'9" so growing up I didn't have much choice either. I think they are really cute but I'm not adding much of a heel at this height!
  • _Wonder_Woman_
    Options
    As someone with Loooong legs. I wore ankle pants, before ankle pants were cool!!! I actually don't have a choice.

That's always been my issue too.

Thank goodness we're fashionable now, lol!!
  • djfriedman81
    Options
    I belive girls wear them to show off their shoe game...its all about the shoe game
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Ya know they might actaully be pant length on me as Im 4ft 10in with a butt,hips so on my inseam is 26in if I dotn want them to cover my shoes,Im sure they are not to many with a inseam like mine except for 10yr old girls.Its very difficult for me to find pants that I woudln't need to hem and im curvy so no kids stuff for me and after having my 2 pregnancies 19 month apart even more curves.Oh well thats what stretch is for.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    jCu032U.jpg

Just no. :noway:

:laugh:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I belive girls wear them to show off their shoe game...its all about the shoe game

A man that understands! *swoon*
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    pants_zpsc7229050.jpg
  • _Wonder_Woman_
    Options
    If Chucks count as "shoe game" I guess I'm playing!!

But I really doubt it, lol
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I have long legs... all pants are ankle pants for me.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with pants above your ankles?

2355430851_c8bba62360.jpg

I'm almost 5'2, why can't I wear them?
    Because you say I look short and fat? I disagree.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I wear them. With heels.

Couple weeks ago:

I2dyfwW.jpg?1

Yesterday, I'm sitting so they are drawn up a little more than they actually are. (was getting my hair done - that's why I'm wearing a cape):

zckyYHX.jpg?1

ETA: The 2nd pair are jeans. I'm 5'7.

LOVE the pants, Ariel! Like Alex said, you ROCK 'EM & I'm jealous too! With my body type they make me look like I have sawed off legs AND cankles all at once! :laugh:
  • taelardinois
    taelardinois Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think ankle pants are great... on some people. People should dress for their bodies... not for trends.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain to me the obsession with ankle pants lately? As a 5'2" lady with too much junk in the trunk, the footwell, the door pockets, the glove box, and under the hood, it is really just not a flattering look, and I don't think it's that flattering on the 6' model types either! It makes them look short and fat! I just want pants that are pant-length. And yes, I have to shorten those so they are appropriate for my short stature, but yeah. I'm still gonna complain about the ankle pants. Wah.

I have the exact same body type, and I just ordered some ankle pants that I'm really excited about! As others have noted they look especially good with heels. The slim cut makes an outfit look really classy and put-together, and they're less overwhelming than longer pants if you want to play with bold colors and patterns.

I've been following some petite fashion bloggers that have inspired me-- here are some example outfits:

http://www.extrapetite.com/2013/01/winter-casual-talbots-cashmere-review.html

http://www.wendyslookbook.com/2013/03/bloom-neon-rose-daffodil-yellow/ (She wears a lot of ankle pants!)

http://www.alterationsneeded.com/2013/01/print-blazer-vintage-watch.html (She does a lot of ankle-length skinny jeans, but it's a similar concept. Her build is probably a little more like ours than the first two bloggers.)
  • Jeepgal2012
    Options
    Ooooh, those are nice. I wonder how they would look on a person with cankles that walks like a blind person with a bladder control problem in heels?
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I' 5'9" so growing up I didn't have much choice either. I think they are really cute but I'm not adding much of a heel at this height!

Honey - I'm 6' and i ROCK those 4' heels! (and my boyfriend is 5'8") Who the *kitten* cares? They look hot.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain to me the obsession with ankle pants lately? As a 5'2" lady with too much junk in the trunk, the footwell, the door pockets, the glove box, and under the hood, it is really just not a flattering look, and I don't think it's that flattering on the 6' model types either! It makes them look short and fat! I just want pants that are pant-length. And yes, I have to shorten those so they are appropriate for my short stature, but yeah. I'm still gonna complain about the ankle pants. Wah.

I have the exact same body type, and I just ordered some ankle pants that I'm really excited about! As others have noted they look especially good with heels. The slim cut makes an outfit look really classy and put-together, and they're less overwhelming than longer pants if you want to play with bold colors and patterns.

I've been following some petite fashion bloggers that have inspired me-- here are some example outfits:

http://www.extrapetite.com/2013/01/winter-casual-talbots-cashmere-review.html

http://www.wendyslookbook.com/2013/03/bloom-neon-rose-daffodil-yellow/ (She wears a lot of ankle pants!)

http://www.alterationsneeded.com/2013/01/print-blazer-vintage-watch.html (She does a lot of ankle-length skinny jeans, but it's a similar concept. Her build is probably a little more like ours than the first two bloggers.)

Ohhh, have only checked out the first blog so far but thanks for the links! Love it!

I love cupcakesandcashmere.com , brooklynblonde.com , thelondoner.me, and fashiontoast.com.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    On men, they just look like high waters. If women's are too long, they have the same effect. I don't wear pants that are that tight on my legs...maybe if I were skinny and my calves weren't too muscular...
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Love with and especially with heels... very nice look if you ask me! I have several pairs...
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I have long legs...

Really?

What time do they open?
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,069 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with pants above your ankles?

2355430851_c8bba62360.jpg

I'm almost 5'2, why can't I wear them?
    Because you say I look short and fat? I disagree.

Too dark... Can't see what you are talking about...