Bacon?!

Options

Replies

• Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who will only eat chicken and turkey. No, as she calls it, "cow, pig, or swimming thing"...except bacon. She will eat bacon and love it. For me, I have to admit it's a toss-up between bacon and pepperoni...real pepperoni...the spicy kind that comes in a log from an Italian deli case. :love:
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am vegetarian, but have had bacon. Just don't get it.

Sorry. But you guys are freakin hilarious.
  • veggiehottie
    Options
    A poem for you, OP:

320928_10151267618309751_1231832088_n_zpsfa8fda91.jpg
    Lol! :laugh:

Ha!
  • veggiehottie
    Options
    Whichever forum I am in, people almost always seem to bring up bacon.

What is it with MFP members and their bacon? I don't get it. Lol.

I am bacon.

You are a multifaceted one, you.
  • Uhhhlexxxis
    Uhhhlexxxis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Even when I ate meat I didn't understand this societies obsession with bacon...
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i hate bacon
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I like my bacon on bacon on bacon on bacon on bacon.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Because you need to try chocolate covered bacon, bacon and scallops, bacon and water chestnuts, bacon cheeseburgers, and bacon/chicken kabobs - just plain old bacon and eggs.

Oh my. Bacon wrapped scallops is like dessert. I could eat that for breakfast lunch and dinner.
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Put it this way, you can get veggie bacon. It's crap but you can get it.

Us carnivores don't have the urge to make meat based fake cauliflower.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Sadly bacon is a processed meat and there are studies that say if you eat a slice of bacon everyday it can cause cancer...

but bacon is just too yummy for me to ever not eat it :laugh:
    Bacon is a section of the pig... it's not any more or less processed than the next... if you're referring to the curing process you can get uncured bacon.

Curing bacon with nitrates was thought to give you cancer but it is false so eat away!

I am copying and pasting this but I am a total bacon lover yay for bacon

The American Heart Association recommends limiting saturated fat to less than 7% of your total calories (that’s less than 16 daily grams of saturated fat for someone eating 2,000 calories a day). So under those guidelines, it might seem sensible to occasionally enjoy a small amount of bacon, or switch to turkey bacon, which is lower in fat and cholesterol.

But here's the bad news: When it comes to increasing the risk for certain cancers, things get downright scary for bacon lovers. Not only is bacon considered a red meat, it’s also a member of the dreaded "processed meat" group (even turkey bacon falls into this category. And NO amount of processed meat is considered safe to eat, according to the American Institute for Cancer Research.

Processed meat is usually red meat preserved via smoking, curing, or salting and it includes many favorite American foods in addition to bacon:

Ham
    Sausage
    Hot dogs
    Bologna
    Salami
    Pepperoni
    Pastrami
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    BACON IS SOOOO FUNNY! BACON CUPCAKES AND CHOCOLATE COVERED BACON OMGZ LOLOLOL
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Sadly bacon is a processed meat and there are studies that say if you eat a slice of bacon everyday it can cause cancer...

Research suggests that too much research may cause cancer, particularly if said research is performed in the State of California.

On a serious not, just get uncured bacon if you're worried about it...or if you're like me and hypertensive.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Because you need to try chocolate covered bacon, bacon and scallops, bacon and water chestnuts, bacon cheeseburgers, and bacon/chicken kabobs - just plain old bacon and eggs.

Oh my. Bacon wrapped scallops is like dessert. I could eat that for breakfast lunch and dinner.

You shouldn't have: I'm off to the supermarket. Later.
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Bacon is a section of the pig... it's not any more or less processed than the next... if you're referring to the curing process you can get uncured bacon.

Curing bacon with nitrates was thought to give you cancer but it is false so eat away!

I am copying and pasting this but I am a total bacon lover yay for bacon

The American Heart Association recommends limiting saturated fat to less than 7% of your total calories (that’s less than 16 daily grams of saturated fat for someone eating 2,000 calories a day). So under those guidelines, it might seem sensible to occasionally enjoy a small amount of bacon, or switch to turkey bacon, which is lower in fat and cholesterol.

But here's the bad news: When it comes to increasing the risk for certain cancers, things get downright scary for bacon lovers. Not only is bacon considered a red meat, it’s also a member of the dreaded "processed meat" group (even turkey bacon falls into this category. And NO amount of processed meat is considered safe to eat, according to the American Institute for Cancer Research.

Processed meat is usually red meat preserved via smoking, curing, or salting and it includes many favorite American foods in addition to bacon:

Ham
    Sausage
    Hot dogs
    Bologna
    Salami
    Pepperoni
    Pastrami

I'm willing to bet that more people die on the roads in a week than die in a year of bacon induced cancer.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    It's either bacon or poptarts.

Or bacon poptarts.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    just seeing the title turned me into a homing pigeon.

Here!!
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    0905-that-ticket-footloose_fa.gif

lolololololol
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    uhhhh because its YUMMY!!!!!
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    Bacon, the most perfect food ever.
  • Niivsmom
    Niivsmom Posts: 145
    Options
    Bacon is possibly the single best tasting and most satisfying deliciousness that can be consumed.
    It satiates even the wildest of hungers and generally blows minds with its salty and crispy majesticness.
    Bacon, I salute you!

Incredibly well said!:flowerforyou: