Am I really overweight ?

Options
Hi guys,
yes, the word "overweight" is really scary, and I've heard it for the first time applied to me. I've even read it in my workout plan the guys from gym gave me.
The thing is, I never saw myself as an overweight person, I've always seen a chubby/curvy woman but not overweight... am I in denial ?

I'm 1.69m and my weight is around 69-70Kg at the moment. My goal is to get down to 64-65Kg. Weight is really important to me because I have back problems, and I need to be less heavier.
Please give me your opinion... I'm not here fishing for any compliment, but I'm starting to think I've been so wrong all along and I'm actually overweight and a joke of a body :(

This is the most recent picture I took (took it for my blog last sunday):

DSC00566.jpg

I know that some people have disorders, like they're really skinny and see themselves as fat, could I been suffering from the opposite? :(

Replies

• mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My 6' 1" (1.8m) roommate who has a 30" (70cm) waist was told by his doctor that he was technically overweight - I couldn't believe it! We always joked at how tall, lanky and skinny he was! It's rediculous! Now we joke that he must just be really dense...haha!

But seriously I know how thinking about this stuff can mess with your mind, and as an impartial observer I can without a doubt say that I would not look at you and for a second think you were overweight. You are the same height as me and I know for a fact that your current weight is right in the middle of the ideal weight range for a normal BMI - so you're not even a victim of a 'one size fits all' approach like my roommate. I can't wait until I'm the same weight as you!.

Again, you are stunning - trust me!

EDIT: cute jacket by the way :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You look skinny to me.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you punch your height and 70 kg into the BMI calculator it puts you 24.5 on the higher side of healthy. Also...from what I see in that picture you look REALLY healthy. If you're really worried (since BMI isn't great anyway) figure out what your body fat percentage is. All you need is your weight, a tape measure and an online calculator.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    um no....but I'm not a professional
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    Girl, I wish I was your size.
  • noluckducky15
    noluckducky15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    No way are you overweight. I'd kill to have your body!!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I would never consider you overweight. You look to be a healthy weight, and you're beautiful.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    lolbmi
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You are NOT FAT. You look great.
  • annemcharles
    annemcharles Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Not even close! You look amazing!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    If you've got some spare time watch the movie Fat Head (it's on youtube). One thing he talks about is how they changed the categories back in the 80s (not sure about the timing) so hundreds of people become overweight or obese overnight.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    You don't look overweight in your photo. You can always work on your overall muscle growth and fitness, but I wouldn't focus on the scale if I were you.
  • deineira
    deineira Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow, I think most people would be very happy with your physique. You certainly don't look overweight OR chubby to me. I could go on about how women are made to feel bad about their bodies, even a healthy sized one, but I'll spare you my ranting on that topic.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    *Cries into cake*

No seriously, though. You are stunning! And those legs?! Damn girl! You're gorgeous :flowerforyou:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You don't look overweight to me!
  • rlinaresv
    rlinaresv Posts: 108
    Options
    Yu are not fat you are sooooooooooooo HOOOOOOOOTTTTT hehehehehe. No offenses please :)
  • XRavenhood
    XRavenhood Posts: 102
    Options
    That is ridiculous. You do not look overweight at all. If you're overweight, I'm extremely obese... We don't need to look like the sticks in magazines, geez. You look wonderful. You're taller than an average girl so it's normal that you weigh a bit more.
  • breezylou2
    breezylou2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think you are adorable and not at all "overweight". I have never understood the BMI, if everyone is different, how can we all be measured by the same chart?
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i don't think you're over weight, i don't even think you're chubby
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wow guys :blushing: thank you for the kind words. I was feeling bad (still am tho) about this. I love wearing skirts and shorts and I was feeling all embarassed because of it, what would people think, etc (I'm self conscious, I know)
    You don't look overweight in your photo. You can always work on your overall muscle growth and fitness, but I wouldn't focus on the scale if I were you.

^
    About this, yes, muscle growth and fitness have been my main goal since the last 2 months, I just wanted to loose a few Kg but damn, after reading "overweight" I got scared :(