Talk at the gym: lose 3 lbs a week

Options
So as I was waiting for BodyCombat to start, there were 3 ladies talking to each other. One says "If you drink cinnamon and water all day long then you can lose 3 lbs a week JUST by doing that and not changing anything else. It taste like apple pie. You can use the same cinnamon stick all day. Just keep refilling your water bottle."

The same woman says "On Saturday, I'm getting a wrap. You know a body wrap to lose weight". This woman looked to be in her late 40's. She should know better.

I just chuckled. I've never heard these statements before. They obviously weren't MFP'ers.

What statements have you heard at the gym?

Replies

• fvolley
    fvolley Posts: 124
    Options
    I have never heard the cinnamon one! That's funny.

Isn't is funny how no matter how many fads come and go people will still jump on and believe them.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Sounds bloody awful to drink lol
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I heard someone talking about those body wraps a few weeks ago in the locker room. I almost told her it was bs but I didn't want to get into it.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Wait. o.0 ... Cinnamon and Water tastes just like apple pie?

I would have thought Cinnamon and Water would taste something like Cinnamon and Water.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Another girl had asked "How does the body wrap help you to lose weight" and the other woman replied "I don't know, but it just does."
  • haanmom
    haanmom Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My friend, who should know better, told me last week that she maintains her weight during the week, eats "too much pizza with 2 glasses of wine a night" EVERY weekend, follows it up by "eating almost nothing, like a handful of nuts or something" on Mondays, and is losing 2lbs a week that way. Since I am at a plateau, she suggested I try some pizza and wine!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Wait. o.0 ... Cinnamon and Water tastes just like apple pie?

I would have thought Cinnamon and Water would taste something like Cinnamon and Water.

Yep, just like water and cinnamon, I am sure... have you ever heard of metromint water?? Well, my BF thought he was being soooo sweet to bring me some chocolate flavored water cause I was craving chocolate... Yeah, it tasted like chocolate water!!! :frown: :sick: