Weight Loss Challenge For People Over 200lbs

Options
Hi... I'm 218lbs... started at 222lbs.. and that was from changing my diet... i'm now adding exercise... and was thinking... why keep this to myself when i can have people who can relate to me and help me with it... SOOOOOO Our goal is to push to get under 200 within two months... Who's Interested??? :D

Replies

• GreenBayDiva
    GreenBayDiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in at 248 though, boo!!! My question is what burns the most calories cardio r weight lighting? I am hearing different things... I don't understand how lifting weight and having defininednmuscles will help me right now. You can't see them under an inch or two of fat. Although I understand it does tone. I am doing both font get me wrong I just want to have realistic expectations.
  • TattooTerra28
    TattooTerra28 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Both cardio and weight lifting are important. Your right about not being able to see your muscle right now under fat BUT the more muscle you have the more calories you will burn doing cardio. Does that make sense? They work together.
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Kayla - I've been stuck at 212 for months! I started at 257, and joined MFP in January. I would LOVE to be under 200 in two months! Count me in! Let's do this together! Please friend me!
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Do both. Doing weight training increases your cardio performance and it somewhat increases the number of calories you burn to maintain your weight. The point is not really to "look muscular" as much as to be healthier and improve your weight loss.

For what it's worth, I was at 235lbs when I started my journey. I almost hit 200 again a couple of months ago after a significant setback (surgery + loss of immediate family member). Back on track and almost back to my all-time low of 180lbs. I have always done a combination of cardio and weight training since I was at 235lbs.
  • 2013Kayla2013
    Options
    ok well both are almost the same but cardio is better because cause it helps with the fat... try zumba cause that what i'm doing.. 45 mins of zumba can burn up to 500 calories for our size... and also a healthy diet.. right now im only consuming 1200 calories but you can do 1400... and weightlifting helps with the toning so at least 10-20 mins a day, 3-4 times a week..!!
  • GreenBayDiva
    GreenBayDiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    All I needed was a positive testimony. Thank you!
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I started at 240, first day of logging/exercising was January 1st (how cliche). I am now at 213 as of this morning :-) I haven't been perfect by any means. I had a few slip ups here and there and even weekends where I just let it all loose. But I just keep getting back on. I am currently doing JM 30 Day Shred, I'm on day 9 level one. Started the Shred at 217 so I've already lost 4 lbs in 9 days. I'm consuming about 1300 calories a day (give or take), and drink TONS of water. I would like to see ONEderland in 2 mos or so! My ultimate goal is 155 by Nov 2013 (I am a bridesmaid in a wedding on Nov 16th, eek!) I also want a new spring/summer wardrobe. Last year all I wore were capris because I hated how my thighs looked in shorts. I wanna wear shorts this year!
  • rachierose
    rachierose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The thing is that muscle does weigh more than fat, however muscle also burns more fat. So when you mix cardio in with weight training you are going to see different results, their will be tone over time, and it helps with the flabbyness of the excess skin. I have focus alot on cardio over the last 9 weeks. My arms are showing so much more flab...However when I lift more consistently the muscles tighten it all up and give you a cleaner look.
  • 2013Kayla2013
    Options
    That's Wonderful about your 4lbs in 9days.. i was also thinking about the 30days shred but i would start when i get under 200... cant wait to find out how much you lose by day 30:)
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hi... I'm 218lbs... started at 222lbs.. and that was from changing my diet... i'm now adding exercise... and was thinking... why keep this to myself when i can have people who can relate to me and help me with it... SOOOOOO Our goal is to push to get under 200 within two months... Who's Interested??? :D

I'm up for the challenge. I'm at 239. Although I probably wont get to under 200 I can get damn close to it! Ready set go!
  • jennewren
    jennewren Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Our numbers are very close and my goal is one-derland and beyond. Friend me, I'd love to take the journey with you.
  • LuckyDucky73
    Options
    <--- Count me in !
  • anidoug38
    Options
    I'm in. I am at 207.6 lbs today. My goal weight is 160. I have a long way to go. I just need the motivation to stay in the gym. If I could get it done in the mornings, I would do wonderful losing the extra pounds.
  • 2013Kayla2013
    Options
    that's about 6 people soo far.... anyone else up for it??? Remember you dont even have to try to get under 200 just as long as you try... :)
  • maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    Add me as a friend! I started January 1 at 236 and I'm fluctuating between 212-214 now. I would love to see Onderland within two months! :)
  • MissRae123
    MissRae123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm at 216 right now and can't wait to see Onederland! My highest non pregnancy weight was like 250. I started MFP around 230. Today I started week 2 of INSANITY. Hoping I'll get lots of weight and inches lost in 60 days. Add me! :-)
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. I started at 221.5 on the first of march and today I'm 216.5 so I would love to be in the 100s in 2 months or less.
  • dlangdon87
    Options
    Count me in! I'm 226 pounds right now and cannot wait to be in ONErland again! Add me as a friend :)
  • DarkshineGirl
    Options
    I'm hovering at 222/223, count me in! I haven't seen Onederland in almost 10 years :noway:
  • ThePilatesPrincess
    ThePilatesPrincess Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I just signed up with MFP today, I'm at 224.5. I have lost around 12 lbs prior to joining. This is the motivation I need! I am going on an Alaskan cruise for my 20th wedding anniversary at the end of May and to be under 200 by then would be awesome!