Best Weight Loss Method?

Options

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    You don't have to join the gym, sweetie, its a start and you adjust to how your body responds. It works.:wink:
    STAHP.

I think I have a handle on how to do this.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Eat at a caloric deficit and exercise.

this is answer . i hope you don't overlook it due to its simplicity.

Quoting so hopefully you fully take it in.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I am doing weight watchers for free and mfp which give me the same caloric deficiant and the same calories to eat back if I wish too. I eat sensibly and everything. I try to go gluten because I am allergic to it and most meats and milk but you by no means need to do that.
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    Do your math method + learn to listen to your body method + experiment and track every change method.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^This. and quoting in hopes OP takes notice.
  • Brebrelynne
    Brebrelynne Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Ditto, I'll simplify it even more. "burn more than you consume."

^ Yes do it! lol It really works
  • barebon
    barebon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy whole real foods... and exercise..

ohh yea.. and eat less then you burn..

diets/methods don't work..

Only teaching yourself to eat properly and exercising is the path to true health.

I definitely agree with this.. It's amazing how weight can drop off by just eating clean foods and working out. The nice thing with doing it the real way is the weight is more apt to stay off. You actually feel full. You can eat what you want to with moderation and hard working out. Remember it's a lifestyle change not just weight loss. So you've got to do something you can stick with for the long run.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    1. Caloric deficit, staggered (1200 - 1600 daily)

2. 4 or 5 x week exercise

3. lift weights

A deficit is by far the most important part.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    eat less move more the end
  • callielizabethrocks
    callielizabethrocks Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Why does carbonation effect weight loss? If you said sodas (full sugar and diet) I would be on board, but I wasn't aware that things like plain soda water or sparkling water like Perrier were adverse to weight loss. I'd like to know more about this?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Why does carbonation effect weight loss? If you said sodas (full sugar and diet) I would be on board, but I wasn't aware that things like plain soda water or sparkling water like Perrier were adverse to weight loss. I'd like to know more about this?

Carbonation does not affect weight loss.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options

Carbonation does not affect weight loss.
    Are you saying farts and burps don't have any weight?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • carmgo
    carmgo Posts: 6
    Options
    I am sure there is a lot of information out there on it all.
    Here is a site I read about carbonated water, of course I recommend reading a couple of levels deeper then just the first article. http://www.livestrong.com/article/532893-carbonated-water-and-weight-loss/

I haven't read any on farts and burps though!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I am sure there is a lot of information out there on it all.
    Here is a site I read about carbonated water, of course I recommend reading a couple of levels deeper then just the first article. http://www.livestrong.com/article/532893-carbonated-water-and-weight-loss/

I haven't read any on farts and burps though!

From your article: Carbonated water can help you feel full and cut down on your calories because you feel less hunger, but it will not promote weight loss by itself. If you do not cut your total calorie intake, you won’t lose weight.

This is a thread straight up titled "Best Weight Loss Method". Not "Tips and Tricks to Feel More Full".

Please let's keep it on topic.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

this
  • tiniboppa
    tiniboppa Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I definitely got the point!! Will do so :tongue:
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Pet tape worm.
  • Emglyfolk
    Emglyfolk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit - daily; exercise; cut fat; eliminate sugar; eat healthy; patience...!
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options

^ Yes do it! lol It really works

Another repost for this one - if we keep quoting it enough maybe others will start to believe it. :flowerforyou:
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have tried just about EVERY diet plan out there and at age forty eight, I know a few things about those "diet" plans. From low carb, to drinks, to fasts, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, etc. and this website that has taught me to use my BMR & TDEE-20% is the best thing I have ever found. I have come to the conclusion that the only thing that will work is modifying my eating/exercising habits and making it a LIFETIME commitment. After having been overweight my whole life, this works for me. I am learning to eat healthier while still allowing myself treats. Calories going in, must be used by my body or I will gain. I do not deprive myself and I am enjoying exercising. The support on this board is AMAZING and by far the best I have found on the internet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!