G'day from Australia

Options
Hi. My name is Kat. I'm in New South Wales Australia. I'm looking for any fitness buddies to add who are roughly in my time zone to interact with on a regular basis. It's a bit hard to talk to people on the other side of the world when they may be asleep when you are up and ready to share your experiences, and vice versa. Please feel free to say g'day or add me if you are a willing person ready to share your journey.

I'm currently doing my Bachelor of Science - Food Nutrition through Charles Sturt University so I can make more of a difference than just trying for change in my daughter's local school canteen of which I am the president and a shift volunteer, or banging on about good health habits on Facebook with limited interest or appreciation. I am widely read on nutrition, and I'll read the good books as well as the not so good to get a feel for what people are trying to put across in their take on health/fitness. I am a big follower of Tiffiny Hall, the tae kwon-do instructor you locals may have seen on Australia's Biggest Loser, and Emazon (Emma Barbato). I also have an interest in Ayurveda.

I have a mixed sports background that stretches right back to my primary school days and includes gymnastics, rowing, tai chi, yoga, meditation, athletics (the lot - running, high jump, long jump, etc etc), tae kwon-do and my haunting the local gyms.

Replies

• KathrynKennewell108
    KathrynKennewell108 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat and welcome to MFP!
    I'm down in Launceston, Tasmania.
    I've found MFP to be of a profoundly positive impact on my life since my daughter introduced me to it late last year.
    Feel free to friend me if you are looking for MFP friends.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • ninjakowski
    ninjakowski Posts: 158
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP!

I'm from Melbourne, but living in Europe at the moment. Hopefully heading home in the next 12 months though!

So, wrong time zone, but you're still welcome to add me as a friend :)
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Feel free to add me, I am on the Central Coast NSW!!:flowerforyou:
  • tanzz9
    tanzz9 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm in sydney - i'm here all the time, got some great Aussie MFP friends here. Add me if you like :)
  • stepnerd
    stepnerd Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    G'day from the Pilbara. I've sent you all requests :)
  • Beavergong
    Beavergong Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat
    I'm from a village in NSW an hour south of Sydney. I came to this site 4 weeks ago because I was interested in people's experience with the 5:2 approach to diet. Since then my husband and I have each lost 5kg. Feel free to friend me if you want to see how we eat. I do like to cook our food from scratch.
    Beavergong
  • Swany2
    Swany2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat,

I'm in new zealand, so timezone may be a little out but not as much as america...I would love to have more friends on this side.

Please feel free to add me
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Melbourne here! Studying at Monash University, Bachelor of Arts (Global) hit me up.
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm from QLD but happy to make a friend in the same time zone!
  • fruitloafxo
    Options
    From gold coast :), i visit Sydney every few weeks... feel free to add =)
  • b3ck76
    b3ck76 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all,
    This is my first post. I'm from WA and since using this site have seen some positive changes. Still a ways to go yet but I'll get there.
    Beck.
  • tazsue86
    tazsue86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat,

Im from Melbourne, your more then welcome to add me :)

Tania
  • Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    FR sent, anyone else is welcome to add me too.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat,
    I'm a grandma who lives near Albury in NSW.
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat! Welcome! Feel free to add me - I'm in the Melbourne region of Victoria. I'm all for building up a support network to help me stay focused on my goal. This time around I'm taking the slowly slowly approach. I've lost 11kg since the end of Oct 2012........this is as much of a lifestyle change for me as trying to lose weight. :)
  • Shani_Shoo
    Shani_Shoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to find Aussies for a few days and only found 2. How do I add everyone?
  • Emmaj47
    Emmaj47 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a request. Anyone else please feel free to add me! I am living in melbourne until December :) then moving back home to England!
  • ct009
    ct009 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    G'day all..

Well I'm new here and living in Sydney.... I'm trying to get fit as it's coming into winter not smart but it's me..

I'm looking for friends to join my app to see keep us motivated..

I'm just looking at buying a fitbit scales and the wrist band when it comes out..

I'm 37 year old male and when I started 6 weeks ago I was weighing 98.5kg now I'm 89kg and getting more aware of what foods make me put on weight and how I can control that using myfitness app..

Hope to connect with some if you

drop me a message..

Thanks
  • thejubster1
    thejubster1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey Kat... I'm in Sydney, and on here most days .....