ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    What exactly is it supposed to do?

I see no point.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Juicing is mostly stupid.

Fruit is sugary enough without removing all the fibre that slows down the digestion and then drinking all that sugar. Might as well drink a glass of Coke and pop a vitamin C pill!

If you eat the pulp too then what is the point of juicing? Probably means you get a bigger sugar hit in one go - again, a bad thing. Chewing on all those apples and pears is a much better idea. And why lose the experience of all those different textures in your mouth - banana, mango, raspberries all have a distinct texture.

I kind of "juice" my veg by boiling cabbage, cauli, leeks, mushrooms into soup and blending, but all the bits and fibre are still in it, and whereas it's a GOOD thing to get more low GI veg inside us, it's a BAD thing to encourage the quick and large consumption of fruit.

:noway: . . . . :sad:

Also juicing can't be referred to as "stupid". It's an inanimate verb.

The post you made however . . . . .
  • Dragonleg
    Options
    We have a Breville juicer. Works great. Helps me get nutrients from vegetable I wouldn't normally eat. As with anything else, moderation is the key. We don't just drink juice, it is an addition to a well rounded diet. We eat vegetables that we like throughout the day. We have to account for the calories and carbs, so we don't drink a lot every day, but enough that it makes a huge difference in the condition of our skin. I count the juice as a fruit serving and try to have 3 fruit servings per day (2 usually being juice) I don't know or care about the science behind it, it works for us. It may or may not wok for you. For the most part, we use apples and lemon as the only fruit in our juices to help mask the vegetable flavors we do not like.
    Spinach is usually the most abundant ingredient in our juice. I have never been able to eat spinach in any other form, it is repulsive to me. That is a major benefit we have found.
    It is cheaper than buying supplements, and we get the benefits that most supplements claim.
    It is a pain to clean each time, but we make a batch that will last for a couple days. It takes about 15 minutes total to make a batch and clean the machine and put everything away.
    I don't think juicing is stupid, it has been very beneficial to me. People on the other hand.......
  • agidavis
    agidavis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I agree. Further more there is no one here that said i tried it but didn't work or didn't like it.
    Only take advice from people that tried it.

I never ever had a sugar rush from juice and you cant drink too much of it anyway because a bag of carrots makes like 1 1/2 cup of carrot juice lol.

I personally wouldn't sit there and eat 4 carrots a day but everyone is different. Lot of juicers do money back guarantee, get one really what can you loose?
  • one15ts
    one15ts Posts: 91
    Options
    I never ever had a sugar rush from juice and you cant drink too much of it anyway because a bag of carrots makes like 1 1/2 cup of carrot juice lol.

I personally wouldn't sit there and eat 4 carrots a day but everyone is different. Lot of juicers do money back guarantee, get one really what can you loose?

that's horrible. about the carrots, lol. yeah. op could definitely try it for a few weeks. some stores have a 30-90 day return policy. i'm not sure about a tech item such as this though.
  • PRIMEJuicers
    Options
    Hey my fellow pals!!! I am thinking of buying a juicer to help in taking in my daily fruit and vegetables. I have looked up a few recipes and some look ok and some look completely horrible!!! What are some of you guys' experiences? Has juicing helped you? Have you seen a difference in your energy levels or even weight? What are some recipes and what juicers do you use??? Can't wait to hear what you all think!!!

Since you're just starting out I'd suggest a centrifugal juicer. They are fast and pretty easy to clean. You don't have to prepare your produce as much with these either. The masticating juicers require more prep and are slower.

I love juicing and have noticed a big difference in my overall health. I just almost every day, but even juicing 3 or 4 times a week is highly beneficial. I get a boost of energy every time I drink a fresh glass of juice and it's not like energy drinks, it's awesome (better).

Start with some recipes that you think you'll already like, something familiar to you like orange juice or grapefruit. Carrot juice with an apple is great. Then start getting into the more green drinks. Green drinks (vegetable) are more nutritious than fruit, but fruit drinks have their place. They are great for cleansing the body. Just watch out for the sugar content. If you're diabetic or have any medical conditions check with a healthcare professional.

A good inexpensive juicer is the Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juice Extractor. Pick it up almost anywhere you'd buy a kitchen appliance. Best of luck to you! Happy juicing!
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    what blender do you use? i've been thinking about either saving up for a blender or juicer myself.
    [/quote]

I have a new vita-mix (my first one lasted 15 years ..and I got 100 discount when I purchased # 2) it will do anything!! A bit pricey but well worth it
  • one15ts
    one15ts Posts: 91
    Options
    what blender do you use? i've been thinking about either saving up for a blender or juicer myself.

I have a new vita-mix (my first one lasted 15 years ..and I got 100 discount when I purchased # 2) it will do anything!! A bit pricey but well worth it
    [/quote]

thanks! i think i will probably go for the vitamix or blendtec.