Nectar Whey Protein Isolate = AMAZING

Options
whittrusty
whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
So my personal trainer is strongly recommending me to drink a protein shake after a hard workout to help build muscle/recover. But EVERY protein shake I've ever tried has been disgusting....like, "Wow. I'm gonna puke if I have to drink one more sip..."

So I was a total skeptic, but she swore by this brand of protein shakes: Nectar Whey Protein Isolate. So I gave them a chance. Awesome. I was fully prepared to spit it out and it tasted really good.

They have all kinds of fruity flavors (I got Crystal Sky, tastes like fruit punch). So if you're interested in trying something new, try them out. They are SOO much better than any other one I've ever tried.

Replies

• ryandarby
    ryandarby Posts: 24
    Options
    What is the cost on that ? I know sometimes proteins can get expensive especially at that 3 letter suppliment store! I buy Nutritiontech Whey Extreme from muscleoutlet.com it's 77 servings for around $45, the taste is ok, not chalky at all and it's only a 30g scoop so if you add it to a whole glass of milk you can't barely taste it. I always found the chocolate to be the best with any brand though.
  • goscrapnow
    Options
    All of the Nectar line is excellent. The other excellent one that I love is the Inspire brand through bariatriceating.com It is a little pricey - $23 for 14 servings, but it is really good. I drink two protein drinks a day and love all the flavor choices. I admit I have not tried the chocolate cake flavor because I don't like just plain chocolate. The store with the three little letters has a discount program - you buy a membership and get 20% off anything you buy in the first 7 days of each month. I saved over $25 in one trip.
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I bought it at Affordable Supplements for about $1 per serving ($37 for 36 servings). I might look around and check prices. But all protein shakes are a little expensive.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Good to know! I'm not a protein powder fan either!
  • ryandarby
    ryandarby Posts: 24
    Options
    While saving the money at the 3 letter store is good that price is usually still higher than the websites. I go in there to buy certain things but even the worker told me they can't compare to the online store prices. I spend a little less than half as much online as I would in the store. suppliment shack is another great site. shop around though! it doesn't hurt to google the products and compare prices.