Happy birthday :flowerforyou:

today is the start of the new you, congratulations :happy:

Read everything everyone has posted!!!
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    ever since 1/1/13 started I wanted to change my lifestyle and eat right,

Nope.

You're a fully functioning adult with the power to make his/her own decisions, and for the past 2 months you've been doing exactly what you've wanted to do.

Wishful thinking and true desires are not the same. Liking the idea of something and wanting the actual something (along with the work and behavioral changes it requires) are also not the same.

Our true wants will always be followed by actions to at least try and make them happen.

You haven't really wanted to change your lifestyle, or you would have done it already. Unless you're disabled and can't move, or unless a stronger person is there in your life forcing you to do certain things each and every day by way of physical overpowerment, you're living exactly as you please; good, bad or indifferent.

Sorry to bust any bubbles, but that's the truth of it. The rest is just excuses rooted in fear and whatever else.
  • pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    Sounds like you need a pep talk :flowerforyou:

http://youtu.be/l-gQLqv9f4o

thanks so much, it is very inspiring....:)
  • pinkupooh
    Options
    ever since 1/1/13 started I wanted to change my lifestyle and eat right,

Nope.

You're a fully functioning adult with the power to make his/her own decisions, and for the past 2 months you've been doing exactly what you've wanted to do.

Wishful thinking and true desires are not the same. Liking the idea of something and wanting the actual something (along with the work and behavioral changes it requires) are also not the same.

Our true wants will always be followed by actions to at least try and make them happen.

You haven't really wanted to change your lifestyle, or you would have done it already. Unless you're disabled and can't move, or unless a stronger person is there in your life forcing you to do certain things each and every day by way of physical overpowerment, you're living exactly as you please; good, bad or indifferent.

Sorry to bust any bubbles, but that's the truth of it. The rest is just excuses rooted in fear and whatever else.

Yes, I have told that several times myself, If I wanted it then why I am not doing anything about it? Every little excuse there is I take it to either eat more or get out of any physical activity. Everyone says it will hit you and at that time no one will stop you, so I was just waiting for it to HIT me...:( I think it is not going to come by itself, I will HAVE TO GO FOR IT.

Thanks!!!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    ever since 1/1/13 started I wanted to change my lifestyle and eat right, I have not done that even for 1 day. The more I think about losing weight and eating right, the more I eat and go off track...:( I just can not get started. It is my B'day today and I really want to set things straight. I am not sure if I have some sort of hidden stress or what, but I DO WANT TO CHANGE, but I can't. WHY? when I put food in my mouth, I am not hungry and I do think that I should not and I still put it in anyway....:(

I keep thinking to leave carbs off for a week or two to get started and slowly add good carbs back in, but then think that is not good way to do I will just moderately eat everything, but the end of the day I feel bloated, stuffed, and disgusted....:(

Anyone want to help me giving me the set food and amt for me to follow to get started? or any other tips to stay strong would be appreciated as well

I'm sorry to sound rude or mean... but you don't want this bad enough. You can say it all you want but you will do what needs to be done if you want it bad enough. It sounds like you have some issues you need to work on before starting this. You don't want it bad enough right now and until you do you will never be successful.

Why leave carbs for a week or two? That will do nothing besides make you lose a bit of water weight. Never cut out any food without an ethical or medical reason to do so.

Figure out what is improtant to you. If weight loss is really that important to you, you will do what needs to be done.
  • pinkupooh
    Options
    Happy birthday :flowerforyou:

today is the start of the new you, congratulations :happy:

Read everything everyone has posted!!!

yes, I am and I come back to this everytime I need encouragement as well. It feels good that there are so many good people who care about others without even knowing them...:)
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    I was like this for a long time. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. I finally realized that it won't work until you want it to work. When you are 100% determined to lose weight and get healthy, then it will happen. A lot of weight loss is mental. You have to really want it.

This, definitely!!