YAY!!!!

Options
Its been a year since I started out on this journey. March 21 of last year I made a decision and stuck with it and today I weigh 200 lbs. After finding MFP on the internet to calculate some calories, I decided to embark on a not so ambitious plan to lose 75 lbs over the next year. I could have made it alot shorter but I felt that if I didn't acclimate to the eating habits I would just gain it all back. I work at a desk 8 hours a day and thought I would add walking 5 days a week to my schedule as part of the fitness added to my plan. All I can say is it worked. I have since added bicycling and jogging into the mix but for the first 6 months it was just walking during my lunch hour and on the weekends. The other thing I will mention is that, if it weren't for the scanning ability of my smart phone I may have punted this plan out of frustration of having to punch everything into a keyboard.:grumble:
I now know how much to eat and whats better for me to eat as a result of this program. I was eating alot of crap as it turns out , what a surprise. When I get hungry I now just eat a snack that I know will get me through to the next meal. The main thing though is to believe in yourself and to stay the course. I have had weeks where my weight would just hover at the same spot, then BAM, its gone. Some of it would come off after a big dinner the night before,:huh: strange but true.
Water. Hmmm...I have had a tough time over the last year to actually drink 8- 8 oz. glasses of water a day. DAMN did I ever have to pee alot when I did drink 8.:drinker: I just decided to down a glass when I could and not obsess about, and that worked out to be between 2 and 6 glasses a day.
Dessert? Hell yeah! Discovered Skinny Cows early on. :love:
Cheating? No, didn't ever cheat but have made mistakes on what I thought it was and what it actually was. Don't worry, it'll work itself out.
Now I need to maintain my weight and I am wondering if I can change my profile or start new one with "0" pounds to lose and if it will work that way?
Thanks MFP and community for all your help and inspiration through posts I have viewed over the past year. :bigsmile:

Replies

• jenn33082
    Options
    Great job!!! You should be incredibly proud of yourself!
  • blueeyeddragon2115
    Options
    Awesome story. I have over 100lbs to lose looking forward to hitting 50 or 75lbs, even though it is a long way away. Great job, very inspirational!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary! And I hope many others will read your post. You did it the right way, learned a lot, and were reasonable about taking things in stride rather than obsessing over not losing it fast. You're a true success story...congratulations!
  • blakedebo
    blakedebo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Congratulation! thank you for sharing your story, you are an inspiration for many!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!