Those with pedometers - how many steps?

Options
micheleb15
micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
If you have any type of pedometer, fitbit, nike fuel, UP, etc. How many steps do you average daily? Days you workout vs days you dont?

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    This will vary according to so many factors such as your job and if your exercise involves activities such as running or stationary like weight training. A BMF is more accurate as it will all calculate your total calorie burn using a range of sensors. Number of steps is only one meaure of activity.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    This will vary according to so many factors such as your job and if your exercise involves activities such as running or stationary like weight training. A BMF is more accurate as it will all calculate your total calorie burn using a range of sensors. Number of steps is only one meaure of activity.

I'm not asking for any other reason than I am curious. I'm not planing on using others information for guidance. I simply want to know what people average.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    The days I work (I have a desk job) and don't exercise I'll usually only get to about 5000 steps. The days I exercise and don't go to work I'll average anywhere from 12 000 to 20 000 steps.
  • shewearsfunnyhat
    shewearsfunnyhat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    On Cardio days, I average around 20,000 steps or more. On non cardio days, I average about 12,000 steps. My job is very active and it shows.