Pre-Workout for Ladies?!

Options
Hey everyone, I am interested in finding an effective pre-workout supplement/drink that will boost my energy before working out! Anyone know of one that is tailored for women? Any input appreciated! Thanks :)

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Coffee and whey protein.

Man or woman it will have the same effect.
  • dstromley1
    dstromley1 Posts: 165
    Options
    my fiance takes andren-her-lyn. Its specificly for females, kinda underground so hard to find. Try C4 or pump hd
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I cannot see any reason why there would be a difference between men and women. I just drink lattes with whey in it.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    The same pre-workouts guys use would be fine... if you want to use smaller doses than on the label that's fine too.

AmiN.O. Energy by Optimum Nutrition would be a decent pre-workout/energy drink that's kind of toned down compared to other high caffeine stimulants like C4/Jack3d/etc.
  • kellxbelle09
    kellxbelle09 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I guess I just mean 'for women' in that I don't want something loaded with creatine. Most of the ones I've found have tons of creatine, which I thought is more for men to bulk up and that it makes you retain water like crazy. Maybe I'm wrong!
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I like C4. Although lately I've been using the MIO energy....and it's been getting me through some awesome workouts.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I guess I just mean 'for women' in that I don't want something loaded with creatine. Most of the ones I've found have tons of creatine, which I thought is more for men to bulk up and that it makes you retain water like crazy. Maybe I'm wrong!

Creatine is a fine thing for any woman looking to maximize strength gains.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I have taken jaked3d and craze. They are both pretty amazing!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    You won't find any that are "tailored" for women because there would be no such need for one. There are a few that have warnings on them that say for men only, but they are few and far between. Generally speaking any one you buy will be just fine.

EDIT: Creatine doesn't cause you to "bulk up." Its benefit applies to performance, not to aesthetics. Some people who use it see some mass gain as a result of water retention, but depending on the purity of the creatine and the person, not everyone does. I didn't see any myself.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    If you really want supplements "for women" Muscle Pharm recently came out with a line exclusively for women:

http://fitmiss.com/

But in reality, supplements are not gender specific. As a rule, I always take a little less than the normal dosage, as I'm sure their dosages aren't geared towards a 125lb woman.

Currently, preworkout I take Creatine, Beta Alanine, and Hemavol.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I just started using Raze from The Protein Works. Its base is creatine and gives additional strength for a short while and also helps with DOMS. Even using the first time, I could definitely feel the difference in my energy and power levels.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Coffee and whey protein seems to work great for me.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i like a single slice of whole grain toast with peanut butter- or an apple with peanut butter.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Me and Yo use SuperPump Max as it's not full of stims and gives a great pump and endurance for workout.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I tried lots and my absolute favorite as far as taste and effect was C4 pink lemonade. Mmmmm.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have coffee and have started trying Dymatize Etite Recoup (BCAA) in Grape . . . Like it
  • chrislynn_marie
    chrislynn_marie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both use Opmtimum Nutriton - Essential Amino Energy. It's much milder than other options out there that we've tried and doesn't give us nasty side effects (headaches, nausea, upset stomach, etc) but still gets the job done! For a pre-work out, it recommends 4 scoops but we only use 2.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above person who said supplements are gender specific. One thing to pay attention to in the fitness world is that 9 out of 10 times products/workouts marketed as being primarily for women are often wastes of money. They depend on you buying into age-old fitness myths which have since been debunked about things like fearing bulking up from strength training.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Creatine is awesome stuff and very cheap.

C4 is delicious and gets you goin for sure, it's gotta be chock full of stims.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I always reapply powder and lipstick, and make sure my hair looks good.