Math help PLEASE!!!!

Options
Hi all! I need a bit of help calculating a bowl of veggies. I put 4 cans of vegs into a bowl and each can is 1/2c serving with 3.5 servings in the can . So do I eat 2 cups of the "mix" or do I still have only 1/2 cup? I've been adding and dividing an I fed up! Please anyone help.

Replies

• j4zepedajj
    Options
    I'm not sure about what your asking... Each can is 1/2 a serving with 3.5 servings per can???? I'm confused.. LOL!!!
  • smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The bowl has 4x3.5 servings, or 14 servings.

If the nutrition info is for .5 cup, that's still valid for .5 cup. 2 cups of the mix would have [4x(nutrition info for .5 cup)].
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I got you right, but if you mix the 4 cans of veggies and then eat 2 cups of the mix it would be comparable to 1/2 cup of each vegetable. If the veggies are different I would log 1/2 cup of each. If the veggies are the same, then I would just log the 2 cups.
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    If it's 4 cans of the same thing, and each serving is 1/2c, then your serving size is still only 1/2c. Doesn't matter how much you have total, provided it's all the same.
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    It's vegetables, so eat as much as you want. Just make sure you log it. If you eat 2 C, then log 1/2 C of each veg.

Disclaimer: if you have high blood pressure, don't eat a bunch of canned vegetables due to their typically high sodium content.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    eat however much of it you want. Add this "mix" as a recipe in MFP and tell it how many servings you want to eat and it'll calculate calories for you. If each can has 3.5 servings at 1/2 cup per serving that means there is approximately 1 and 3/4 cups in each can.
  • magicmerlie
    Options
    Hi all! I need a bit of help calculating a bowl of veggies. I put 4 cans of vegs into a bowl and each can is 1/2c serving with 3.5 servings in the can . So do I eat 2 cups of the "mix" or do I still have only 1/2 cup? I've been adding and dividing an I fed up! Please anyone help.

First of all you have 3.5 servings of 1/2 cup(per serving) in each can. That equals to 1.75 cups per can. You have four cans..so 4*1.75 = 7 cups total. If youre trying to add up all the calories from the four cans then it would be 14 servings (4 cans*3.5 servings per can) multiplied by the amount of calories per serving.

you can eat as much as you want, just make sure to calculate total calories for your entire mix and calculate how many servings you want to make it (ie - 14 - 1/2 cup servings, 7 -1 cup servings)
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

You ate 4 cups which is 14 servings.

It should say someting like x calories per serving. Multiply x by 14

On what planet?

1/2 cup is one serving.
    therefore 1 cup is 2 servings.
    therefore 4 cups is 8 servings

One can is three and a half 1/2 cup servings. One can is 1 3/4 cups of the vegetable, total.

one can = 1/2c, 1/2c, 1/2c, 1/4c