new to MFP

vicsteroo
vicsteroo Posts: 20
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, I joined the site a week or so ago, i found the app on my iphone.
So far this place seems great I just hope i will be as succesfull in my weight loss as the rest of you.
I have ALOT of weight to loose, i am currently 143.6kg I have lost 2kg since joining MFP.
If anyone has any helpful exercise tips that would be suitable for me i would be most grateful. I have invested in a rowing machine but it's getting a little boring already.

Good luck to you all in reaching your goals. :)

Replies

• knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Congratulations on starting your journey!

Cardiac exercise, especially on machines can be boring. I find it helpful to have really upbeat music playing while I workout. I used to watch television, but my mind got so focused on how the time was slowly creeping by through each commercial that it seemed even longer. I feel like I'm "dancing" to the music as I exercise.

I also have a long journey, but it started with a single step. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.
  • Welcome, I'm new too!! Good luck with your journey!!
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Welcome to MFP! Adding a mini trampoline to my at home "gym" really helped mix up my cardio routine. I have knee problems and this allowed my to do more cardio work with out the aches and pains after and it really adds some fun (like jumping and running when your a kid:)). I just crank up my ipod and jump, jog, dance - whatever. It's harder than it looks though - I could only do 3-5 mins at first before I thought my heart might burst. 6 weeks later I'm now doing 30-40 minutes a day and feel great. Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK!!
  • vicsteroo
    vicsteroo Posts: 20
    I did'nt think of the trampoline i have one in the garden might just pop on there, although i may have to wait a few days. I did my half hour on the rowing machine and was going to play a game on the wii and i have hurt my knee i would'nt care but i did'nt even manage 5 seconds of the song lol.

thanks for the replies

vicki
This discussion has been closed.