Is diet pop REALLY that bad fro you????

Options

Replies

• Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I have not had my 32OZ Diet Pepsi in over 7 weeks and do not feel any bettter or notice any changes in my weight or cravings. I keep hearing that I shouldn't drink Diet Pepsi it is so bad for you. I really miss it and looked forward to having it every day. Is there really any reason not to have it if I am not noticing any difference? Anyone else experienced this??

Stop listening to fear mongers and idiots and drink your diet pepsi, you're fine

This.

This

actually I am going to disagree with my initial 'this' you should not drink diet pepsi - go with coke zero its way better

Oooo! I didn't catch that. I have to agree with this this. Although I prefer Cherry Coke Zero, but now we're nit picking.

my only reason I dont like cherry coke zero is cause when im at the hospital the freaking cherry coke zero and cherry coke bottle look too similar so my dumbass picks up cherry coke on accident far too often - otherwise yes cherry coke zero is the ****
  • NaBroski
    NaBroski Posts: 206
    Options

Nothing screams "scientific rigor" like HuffPo
  • kaswich
    kaswich Posts: 1
    Options
    It's bad for your teeth, at least. I feel pain when I eat or drink anything too hot or too cold, sometimes when even just inhaling through my mouth on a cold day. My dentist said my enamel has worn away, largely because I used to drink lots of diet coke.
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have not had my 32OZ Diet Pepsi in over 7 weeks and do not feel any bettter or notice any changes in my weight or cravings. I keep hearing that I shouldn't drink Diet Pepsi it is so bad for you. I really miss it and looked forward to having it every day. Is there really any reason not to have it if I am not noticing any difference? Anyone else experienced this??

Stop listening to fear mongers and idiots and drink your diet pepsi, you're fine

This.

This

actually I am going to disagree with my initial 'this' you should not drink diet pepsi - go with coke zero its way better

Lol! I kind of second that. The only good diet Pepsi is wild cherry, otherwise diet coke is better.
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    The only real life bad thing I have heard is from a chiropractor that told me he can tell, every time - by the bad bones, a person who drinks diet soda. Now, I don't know how much diet soda you have to drink to be affected but that is just what I heard. Don't shoot the messenger. *holds hands up* I doubt one a day would really be that harmful but that is just me! I personally think the stuff tastes DISGUSTING!!! *lol* We all have our "naughty" cravings. Every one of us. Even the successsful people ;)
  • smittieaj
    smittieaj Posts: 151 Member
    Options

I always thought that it screamed "feminism"... perhaps that's just my read.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    yes it sure is, nutra sweet can cause migraines. it is better to drink regular coke or tea with no sugar. artifical sweetners are linked to cancer, migraine headaches etc
    I don't ingest any artificial sweeteners (I hate the taste). I get migraines regularly.

Chocolate causes my mother's migraines. It does not cause mine.

Migraines are a complex phenomena that even the best neurologists in the world are still trying to figure out. If the OP does not get migraines from ingesting artificial sweeteners, then the OP should not use that as a reason not to have something the OP loves.

The cancer link, as far as I know, is unproven.

OP -- If you enjoy a diet soda a day, have it. Enjoy life.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

This.

This

Oooo! I didn't catch that. I have to agree with this this. Although I prefer Cherry Coke Zero, but now we're nit picking.

my only reason I dont like cherry coke zero is cause when im at the hospital the freaking cherry coke zero and cherry coke bottle look too similar so my dumbass picks up cherry coke on accident far too often - otherwise yes cherry coke zero is the ****

Diet Coke and cherry vodka....the bomb diggity, but very dangerous!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, no. For overall health, in the long run, maybe, but you would have a hard time proving it. For me, it's chemical crap that your body was never designed to deal with, so I avoid it.
  • Turtle003
    Turtle003 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love any study that has pirates in it!!! Love this :laugh:
  • RobinRunsOnslow
    Options
    Yes, its really that bad for you. No, it doesn't really affect weight loss because its low calorie, but the chemicals are pretty horrid for your body. I'm not trying to be a 'fear monger' or anything- I still drink soda from time to time (i've never liked diet soda, so i just go for the regular), because, hell, it tastes good. But just because you enjoy something & it doesn't affect your weight loss does not mean its perfectly healthy and you should just gung-ho guzzle it down.

This!!!!
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't cause you problems and makes you happy, drink up.

Both of these.

Personally - I repeat - PERSONALLY I notice the scale goes up when I drink diet, max, or zero, drinks and as soon as I switch back to water the numbers drop... but if you aren't having issues and you want it, drink it. I'll just quietly shoot you evil glances from behind my Dasani bottle.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    omg it is like SO bad for you. the fda and beverage industries are out to get all of us in the most elaborate conspiracy theory in modern history.

*takes off tinfoil hat and hands it back to coachreddy*
  • lilacsun
    Options
    Try Pepsi Next. It has 60 percent LESS sugar then regular Pepsi AND it has no artificial sweeteners! Best of both worlds. I drink a couple a month when I am really craving sweet stuff.

I really don't trust artificial sweeteners. My Grandma used to drink iced tea with Splenda in it through a straw. She drank a couple cups a day. a cancer formed on the roof of her mouth and her Doctor said it was probably from the artificial sweetener hitting that spot when she sucked it through a straw. (The cancer was right where the point of contact would be.) Of course he had no proof, it was just his best guess as to why it happened.

BUT I say people have been eating sugar for thousands of years...why change that now for an unnatural chemical?? Id rather deal with the calories :-)

Uh oh! Maybe straws cause cancer!
  • lilacsun
    Options
    Try Pepsi Next. It has 60 percent LESS sugar then regular Pepsi AND it has no artificial sweeteners! Best of both worlds. I drink a couple a month when I am really craving sweet stuff.

I really don't trust artificial sweeteners. My Grandma used to drink iced tea with Splenda in it through a straw. She drank a couple cups a day. a cancer formed on the roof of her mouth and her Doctor said it was probably from the artificial sweetener hitting that spot when she sucked it through a straw. (The cancer was right where the point of contact would be.) Of course he had no proof, it was just his best guess as to why it happened.

BUT I say people have been eating sugar for thousands of years...why change that now for an unnatural chemical?? Id rather deal with the calories :-)

Uh oh! Maybe straws cause cancer!

Seriously though.. I am sorry your Grandma got cancer:(
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I cut down, because I find it bloats me a bit. But, I still have one a day. And love it!
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    If you don't have any kidney disorders, if you drink enough water in addition, if it doesn't lead to the consumption of other bad foods, it is a better vice than other. However, if you have been off of it for 7 weeks, why get back on it? More importantly, why are you letting a food/beverage be the thing you look forward to every day.

Lastly, it's called soda, not pop :)

She has a good point. To me, I would consider that craving as an indication of something not so good *lol* ESP after THAT long..
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options

I agree with this guy.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If you don't have any kidney disorders, if you drink enough water in addition, if it doesn't lead to the consumption of other bad foods, it is a better vice than other. However, if you have been off of it for 7 weeks, why get back on it? More importantly, why are you letting a food/beverage be the thing you look forward to every day.

Lastly, it's called soda, not pop :)

She has a good point. To me, I would consider that craving as an indication of something not so good *lol* ESP after THAT long..
    I better stop eating salad, then. I crave it often.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

I always thought that it screamed "feminism"... perhaps that's just my read.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Love it!