Rock Bottom

Options
Tonight I feel like I hit my rock bottom. I could cry right now if I wasn't in a public place. I participated in a company sponsored event tonight where we were to hike in this Swiss Alps with snow shoes. I lasted 15 minutes and they had to call a snow mobile to bring me back because i am do out of shape i could not do it. I am utterly humiliated. On top of this it was with work people who I have to see daily and I am positive the whole office will know tomorrow. I am done letting my weight hold me back, I HAVE to do something about this. I am down 9 pounds but completely out of shape. I have an additional 110 pounds to lose but more importantly I NEED to get in shape.

Replies

• di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    let this bottom be the first day of a new life for you......dont think of the big picture and take it day by day..
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    So you hit your rock bottom - remember this feeling when you feel like giving up once you start on your weight loss journey.
    So what are you going to do now? Join the gym? Start walking? Join Crossfit? Talk to us!
  • ElleM0
    ElleM0 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    AE,

I'm sorry to hear that you've hit rock bottom. Remember, when you hit BOTTOM - there is NOWHERE else to go but UP. (HUGS) Take this in stride. Face the office tomorrow. Be confident in knowing that you're tired... and knowing that you plan on being the best you that you can be! :flowerforyou:

-Elle
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    No where to go but up, you can do this. make a decision, a plan, and execute it everyday.
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am going to start my Hip Hop Abs and then start using my gym membership. I have already changed my eating habits by I need to incorporate exercise.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Snow shoeing is frickin' hard!! Don't beat yourself up too bad. Use it as motivation, like "Next time I'll make it 20 minutes or further up the hill."
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I am going to start my Hip Hop Abs and then start using my gym membership. I have already changed my eating habits by I need to incorporate exercise.
    Boom! Wish you all the best! Add me for motivation and a *kitten* kicking should you need it.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You've hit it, so now you have no where to go but up. Work on goal setting, short and long term, and figure out how you're going to reach them. Then periodically check and make sure you're making the progress you want to. You'll get there and next trip you'll kick everyone's butt :laugh:
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I guess we have each been there one time or the other! My rock bottom day was Feb. 17th 2012 from there I have turned my life around! I hurt all the time and knew it was then or never! You can do this. The days that you feel like quiting just think of today and never look back! Good luck!! You can do this. I started with 100 lbs to loose I couldn't think about any more. I've got 38 to go to reach that goal and then I will reevaluate and go from there. It's a daily choice, if today you goof you start again tomorrow. Hang in there!
  • blanhe2
    blanhe2 Posts: 88
    Options
    You can do this. Often, this type of hitting rock bottom is what helps us make that final decision and go out and do it!
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Get going with this and be consistant. This time next year you will be looking back and realize that yesterday was the BEST day of your life because it woke you up to wanting to make this change.

Celebrate that and welcome.
  • mizznikki35
    mizznikki35 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling. I'm glad to see that you're using it as motivation to get healthier. Nowhere to go but up!!!
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Well, if you're at rock bottom, there's no place to go but up! :flowerforyou:

Just remember that you didn't gain all the weight in one day, so it'll take some time for it to come off. That was hardest for me to accept at first. So be patient with your body, and at first, just try to move more until you build up your endurance. Add a little bit more time, or work a little harder each day and you'll get there.

BTW - Hip Hop Abs was my first workout program too. Shaun T is so much fun to work out with. :drinker:
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    let this bottom be the first day of a new life for you......dont think of the big picture and take it day by day..

Absolutely agree with this. Make small goals, maybe 10lbs at a time. Day by day and remember this moment as your starting point. You will be a success story in here because of it. Get focused and start today girl. Tons of support here!
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Snow shoeing is frickin' hard!! Don't beat yourself up too bad. Use it as motivation, like "Next time I'll make it 20 minutes or further up the hill."

THIS!! I consider myself to be in pretty good shape (I lift, I run, bike, etc...), but only last 15 minutes the first time I went snowshoeing, and had to sit and read to catch my breath for awhile before heading home. It's not nearly as easy as it looks, likely because you are not just exerting yourself, but also breathing in very cold air at the same time. Don't be so hard on yourself. Many people wouldn't have even tried.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    So sorry that you had a rough experience. I think pretty much everyone one this site can relate and has a similar story, so we get it!

Every day will be better if you choose to make it so. Tomorrow will be better than today. You can keep working at it and get better day by day, and in two months you'll see today as the turning point. You ABSOLUTELY CAN do it!

Now that you have the motivation, you're ready to start taking steps to get you where you want to be.
  • DarkDiva2005
    Options
    Don't cry! Just look at this as now you have a base line to compare back to! :) You will be fine, I need to get back in the gym myself feel free to add me and then we can encourage each other!
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I was pretty wimpy - this workout is getting me stronger already (only been doing it just under a week)!!

Level 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
    Level 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uIO_03BYb4
    Level 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMN4g3D4ODE
    How to do it: http://www.ehow.com/how_5363883_do-jillian-michaels-day-shred.html
  • betoarango
    betoarango Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    change your life TODAY, a year from now you'll be glad you did...
    You decide when...
    Good luck