Thoughts on Slim Fast

Options
What is everyone's thoughts on the Slim Fast shakes?

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    They're fine for a recovery drink after a hard workout, or to grab on the way out the door if there's no time to make breakfast.

As a meal plan, they suck. Truly. Been there, did that, lost 15 pounds, gained it all back plus after I stopped. They do nothing to help you figure out how to eat in a sustainable way.
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

if you're looking for a meal replacement that's mostly sugar and won't fill you up, candy bars are cheaper.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Too much sugar. Get a low carb protein shake that isn't meant as a meal replacement and turn it into one by adding an egg, some spinach, maybe a spoon of peanut butter or whatever.

Personally, I like having a shake for breakfast in the morning and I find it sustainable (have done it for forever minus when I was pregs), but I don't see the point in getting a product with so much sugar. Also, I don't think it costs much less per ounce than good protein brands.
  • tynishabeezfit
    tynishabeezfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    They are full of stuff you don't need in your body an the chocolate ones come out the same way they went in. lol
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    they are unnatural with a ton of preservatives. not healthy.
  • Lisafrazier71
    Lisafrazier71 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Slimfast!!! BUT it has way too much sugar for me :( I switched to the Atkins ones and only drink them on days I work out to "eat back my calories". They are okay.
  • catfulford
    catfulford Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    are you able to taste the spinach and egg in it? peanut butter sounds delicious
  • catfulford
    catfulford Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Too much sugar. Get a low carb protein shake that isn't meant as a meal replacement and turn it into one by adding an egg, some spinach, maybe a spoon of peanut butter or whatever.

Personally, I like having a shake for breakfast in the morning and I find it sustainable (have done it for forever minus when I was pregs), but I don't see the point in getting a product with so much sugar. Also, I don't think it costs much less per ounce than good protein brands.

are you able to taste the spinach or egg in it?
  • snaapz
    snaapz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast makes snack bars... one is called "Peanut butter Crunch Time" ; 100 cals... VERY TASTY and only found in the health section. Hidden Gem. Taste like a butter finger or crispy crunch... very satisfying.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast makes snack bars... one is called "Peanut butter Crunch Time" ; 100 cals... VERY TASTY and only found in the health section. Hidden Gem. Taste like a butter finger or crispy crunch... very satisfying.

Slim Fast shakes = disgusting

Peanut butter crunch bars = delicious!
  • lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    A glass of skim milk, a small apple, and a multi-vitamin will have more protien, fiber, and nutritional value than a slim fast shake and you will feel better eating this too.

And its cheaper too. :wink:
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why someone would pay for Slim Fast. If you like your food in liquid form, buy a blender and make smoothies. There's a ton of recipes in the threads here and elsewhere on the internet.
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It doesn't taste very nice, doesn't fill you up and makes you fart a lot.

Mind you, a friend lost several stone using maximuscle's diet powder stuff, and it's basically the same thing. So it's not that it doesn't work.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Have drank them off and on for years, had no problem with them whatsoever. But I didn't follow the "plan" it was just as a quick meal replacement. Filled me up until lunch (breakfast was at around 7, lunchtime was at 1) without a problem.
  • tubbajello714
    Options
    Slim fast is a waste of money.... Just make your own shake...
    What’s really good is 1 cup Mango, 1/2 cup Pineapple and 1 cup peaches and half a cup of apple juice just blend everything together get them frozen its better than the fresh you don’t need to add ice....
    :drinker:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I liked the powder, the bottled shakes aren't good if you're lactose intolerant. But I'm not exactly sure what you're asking on thoughts? You mean taste or the 3-2-1 plan?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Rubbish and costly.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Weight loss scam.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Slim fast is junk food. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But as far as junk food goes, there are much tastier options.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    meh