Stress

Options
I think stress is seriously hindering my weightloss! I have not lost, but actually gained almost 3 lbs lately. I get my exercise/cardio in and I am eating my calories. Maybe I need to book a massage...or a cruise (just not with Carnival).

Replies

• smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You could kill two birds with one stone - lifting weights can really burn off some stress.
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    exercise and clean eating is great for stressbusting - there is lots of science to explain stress v weight gain too so knowing that you can do something about it is already a step in the right direction - Happy Thursday :flowerforyou:
  • LizCO2DC
    LizCO2DC Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    You could kill two birds with one stone - lifting weights can really burn off some stress.

^^^ this
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm same way:(
  • StalenaW
    StalenaW Posts: 6
    Options
    Get a massage! Good stress relief and it could be your reward for the weight you've lost so far.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Yeah read about how stress causes cortisol to be secreted and that it hinders weight loss! Just try to take everything a step at a time, be patience, breathe!!! I find stretching helps me, maybe try yoga/meditation! I also find smiling/laughing helps, so I try to smile a lot and if I really can't then I'd watch something funny to force myself to crack up!

:D
  • daphne_m
    daphne_m Posts: 84
    Options
    I second the massage idea and try to get them regularly. Even once a fortnight is enough to make me refocus.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

This ^

Or a kick boxing class. :wink:
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Stress is a major issue. I've off work for 6 months with it and my fitness has decreased unbelievably.